View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 01:59 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will Alltel get the Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWagner View Post
I am fortunate to live in one of the Alltel markets that Verizon has to divest. Our market is being bought by AT&T later this year or early the next.

Does anyone know if Alltel will be offering the Touch Pro 2 along with the other carriers that will be offering it?
Alltel is sort of in state of freeze right now. I highly doubt much in the way of 'new phones' is going to be coming their way.

As for being 'fortunate' that you're in a divested market, it is too early to tell. AT&T is GSM so that would require you to buy a new phone. It is also to early to tell how your current plan/contract would migrate to AT&T. I don't believe they have an offering like My Cirlce/My Favs/Friends & Family/etc.

In my opinion, Alltel -> Verizon is an easier jump than Alltel to AT&T. I'd start looking at backup options.