PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dvdmon is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to dvdmon Send a message via AIM to dvdmon Send a message via MSN to dvdmon Send a message via Yahoo to dvdmon Send a message via Skype™ to dvdmon
Re: touch pro and sprint sero plan

I would recommend getting it through Best Buy as well. If something is wrong you can bring it right back and return it, which is not going to happen on Craig's List or eBay. Best Buy was selling it for $200 but I think that special might be over now. I got mine for $200 and renewed one of my SERO accounts no problem.

The only phones I know of that require you to change plans (or at least add some special data plan despite the fact that SERO comes with unlimited data) are blackberries and the Sprint Instinct. You cannot have those phones and pay just $30/month.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

tek2tirado is just getting started

ty everyone that gave me some info
one more question
if i do buy off craigslist ...will insurance still cover it?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

noppee technically, but there is always a chance
Old 01-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Sero 500 + TP here as well. no need to change old plan, call them again and you might get a better offer.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ifreewillie is a n00b

When you say insurance? You mean TEP? If so, then yes. I bought my Mogul from ebay and my TEP still covers it when I requested a replacement. And I just realized how ugly and fat the mogul is when compared to the TP, all this time I thought mogul was the sexiest thing ever. LOL.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work

Best buy sucks in hawaii. they don't even carry sprint phones. I wanted to jump on that bandwagon so bad when I rode my bike to best buy only to find out they have phones for everyone but sprint.

Best buy + hawaii = fail
Old 01-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek2tirado View Post
ty everyone that gave me some info
one more question
if i do buy off craigslist ...will insurance still cover it?
I think so. As long as you add TEP within 30 days of activating it on your account, they should cover it just fine.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here's my story. I have had SERO for a while. When I switched to the Pro, the rep tried to tell me I had to change to an everything plan. After much arguing, he finally conceded he would leave my plan alone and activate the Pro. I got my bill the next month and my plan had been changed to the $99 Everything. I called back in and they not only put me back on Sero, but put a $15 recurring credit on my account. Like hbenz mentioned before, stand your ground and keep your plan.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Good job Dubeedub, they prollu get comission selling a nrew plan, and some are just idiots and plain retards to do something like that, phuk dat isht
Old 01-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Nope.. I got my Pro with my Sero intact. no need to change. The CS lied.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion