PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint $5.99 plan

Don't know if this has ever been brought up but I just found the cheapest Sprint plan to date. The "Seasonal plan".
My Aunt had my second line for a year and today I got it back with a year remaining.
Now I already have the SE on my first line so line #2 was just 30ish bucks a month to sit around in a desk, well I found the solution. The "Seasonal Plan".
Its nice to have six months for $30 rather than $30 a month.

If you have a second phone line and are sick of the bill your paying just to look like a drug dealer well then I have the plan for you. After the six months is up it will revert right back to the original plan you had on it. I'm not sure if you can get the "Seasonal Plan" two times in a row so don't be a dumb *** and think you can get a cheap new phone and not have to stick with a two year contract. Unless your cool with that new phone with a year and a half contract....lol

"Nothing comes with this plan Just shut off the phone and put it in a draw for six months"
Seasonal Plan- $5.95

Plan Features:
  • Sprint Seasonal Standby
  • $5.95 Monthly Service Charge
  • $0.75 Per Minute Of Use
  • Please Call Customer Care
  • to Change the Service Plan
  • When You Are Ready to Return to
  • a Standard Service Plan
Below is a screen shot from my Acc..........

.................................................. ........

Last edited by Lsme420; 01-19-2009 at 06:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamon
Carrier: Sprint

Broncho is a n00b
Re: Sprint $5.99 plan

Yeah, but I don't think the time you are on this plan will count toward your contract. Could be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure that is the way it worked at one time in the past.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:42 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ah my bad that is true just called them back.
Good lookin out Broncho......

Last edited by Lsme420; 01-20-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

still interesting info though, i had never heard of this before!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-20-2009, 01:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamon

Broncho is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
ah my bad that is true just called them back.
Im going to get this closed and deleted...... Good lookin out Broncho......

Can I get a mod to delete/Close this????????????????????
No problem Lsme420. It is kind of deceiving. I remember a couple of years ago people tried to start using this as a way to get out of their contract cheap and it came up then. The other problem with it is that when you come off of the plan, unless the plan you had before existed you have to pick a whole new plan. That isn't that big of a deal if it is an add a line but if it is the primary line, it can be a problem. I had a buddy who tried to use that while he was in boot, and it worked great, until he found out he was going to be stationed at a base in the US where there was no Sprint signal. He had to cancel and go to AT&T as they were the only ones who worked where he was.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Not going to close it, but move it to the right forum. Good info!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 01-20-2009, 02:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Unless this has changed in the past months, The seasonal plan requires you to Renew your Sprint Contract of service for 2 years, and again once returning i believe
Old 01-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Seasonal standby is also great for y'all fellow troops, sailors and coasties doing 6 month overseas tours. That's a feature Nextel had years ago, but luckily when I was with Big Red since they never had this at the time I was in the USN, I never saw a tour after I got medically discharged.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

Ya my wife is in the Navy and it would have been nice to know about this a few years ago when she was deployed.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
Ya my wife is in the Navy and it would have been nice to know about this a few years ago when she was deployed.
I believe there's actually another option for someone in the military. I think there is a military plan that you can put on your account to make the phone inactive while they're gone. All of the features remain on the account though.

Of course its been 5+ years since I worked for them, so that could have changed by now.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion