PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[RANT] Sprint Renewed My Contract Without My Permission!

OK, I'm pretty angry now.

I spent hours on the phone with Sprint and my ISP trying to sort out my Airvana/Airave issues over the last two weeks. Sprint sent me a replacement airave that arrived broken. The outer shipping box was fine but the inner box was crushed - whoever even thought of packing that is an idiot.

Anyway, after going through all the crap trying to get the airave working, I found out that it was a network issue in TN and Ohio. So, the tech told me to just ship back the broken replacement and they would reactivate my original one. After a couple days, the network problem was fixed and my airave was working fine again.

So, why am I so angry? Well, I got an email from sprint indicating that "changes had been made to my account" and I should log onto my sprint portal the see what changes were made. So I did and lo' and behold, they had renewed my contract for another TWO freakin years. Big problem for me since I am planning on leaving sprint when my contract was supposed to be up in a few months.

So I called cust service and they said that yes, the contract was renewed when I accepted the replacement airvana. I told the rep that at no time did anyone tell me that or send me any kind of message that that was going to happen. He also wanted to know why it was such a big problem to extend my contract since I had been a customer for so long. (13 years) I told him that I have been very unhappy with my service for the last year and was not going to renew and that I wanted my contract reset back to the original expiration date. He said he couldn't do that and I told him that there was no reason to extend it because I still had my original equipment and that it was a network problem and not a problem requiring it to be changed out. He persisted and then it got ugly when he ACCUSED me of trying to get out of my contract. At that point I asked to speak with a supervisor and he put me on hold for 5 mins. When he came back he told me that his supervisor was busy but told hem to reset the contract for only ONE year. I still refused and asked to be transferred to retentions. Back on hold again. He came back to the phone and told me that he reset my contract to end this coming January, which is fine with me. Then he had the nerve to ask me if I was called and asked to do a survey, would I be willing to give him good reviews? LOL! Heck NO, I am not going to give him a good review!

end rant..... for now. I'm still going to call retentions and gripe.

David
Old 08-19-2011, 05:28 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [RANT] Sprint Renewed My Contract Without My Permission!

sorry to hear about what happened to you. did you verify online that your contract end date was indeed changed to end January?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:00 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I had something like that happen to me once. these 'contracts' are kinda bogus anyway, anyone remember the last time they actually signed for one?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

hm... you know, sounds like the rep was actually helpful to you though :S should have given him a review lol, he did get your contract set to a better data and it wasn't him that extended it (or is it? )

but yeah, I've just been buying phones off craigslist and activating them for past few phones to avoid extending contract

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion