PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No longer a sprint customer due to ongoing service issues w/no resolution in sight

once upon a time I was getting really great service with sprint. my 3G speeds were steadily in the high triple digits to low 1000s that I didn't even bother to use my home WiFi. but now ever since February when this blizzard struck my home town in the far north suburbs of Chicago IL. my service has been shit my 3G speeds are ridiculously slow one example is in my SIG and I've seen much lower speeds than that as well. it took me 10 minutes alone to even be able to begin typing this post. the apps I have don't even work over half the time because my connection speed is so slow, my battery overheats and drains like crazy because it has to fight for a stronger signal. I called sprint and this one rep fucked up my data even more which caused me a hard reset on my arrive just to get it working at its current shitty levels. called sprint another day and was told that cell sites were damaged from the blizzard and are being upgraded and worked on (this was on 4/5 I was promised this would be fixed by 3/25 when I first bought my arrive ). here we are a month later and it seems that my speeds are even worse especially since my home internet is off so I can't use my WiFi like I was. what's more notable is when im at school in Chicago my speeds were like how they were before!! return back to my hometown pure shit again. im soon going to be paying near $100 a month for service as soon as my credits I had them give me run up. they even offered me an airwave after I pay $150 for it to help with my service but it won't work with my 3G service or at all because currently my home internet connection is off. it just seems like no progress at all has been made since its almost may now and it also seems as if they don't give a shit about their customers if they live in a city with a population of less than 100k (population of my county seat where I also get good 3G speeds) im trying to tough this out as much as I can but I've started to consider paying the ETF and then jumping ship to tmobile. what do yall think?

Last edited by eric12341; 11-24-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: So fuckin pissed at sprint!!!

1. Are T-Moblie's towers made out of better steel?
2. How much fun are you going to have when all the hipsters with iphones end up on the Tmobile/ATT network along with you?
3. Will you pay less on T-Mo for the same data plan you have now ("don't even use wifi" must use alot of data) I know Dr. 8820 they have an unlimited plan.
4. Move?
5. Get home internet and use wifi / airwave?

Just a few of my thoughts... You did ask.
p.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

please show the site a little respect and stop all the cursing.

I don't think t-mobile is going to allow you to use your 3g as your home internet connection.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

I don't know if tmobiles towers were affected by this. but it seems that the service is better since I don't see any complaints of anyone around me. however sprint overall does have better coverage in my area than tmobile. the plan that tmo has is around what im already currently paying with sprint so it won't be much a difference. on the other hand it would be more expensive to do this migration than to just pay to get my home internet and digital cable service restored given the price of the ETF and the HD7 combined. and the HD7 isn't even as good as the arrive in terms of RAM. I Just needed a place to rant about this. BTW took me 20 minutes to get this post down. furthermore it seems as of my speeds are close to what they were back in the golden age (10/09-1/31/11) in the early morning and overnight hours but by afternoon and evening they are down to a near standstill.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I have Cable internet and the airrave works well. Got them to send a free one after several calls about the poor coverage around my house.

Why get cable tv? I haven't had it for over 8 years, just an unnecessary expence! I have no problem watching any show or movie I want off the net.

Sent from an Epic 3g on SERO.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I don't know if tmobiles towers were affected by this. but it seems that the service is better since I don't see any complaints of anyone around me. however sprint overall does have better coverage in my area than tmobile. the plan that tmo has is around what im already currently paying with sprint so it won't be much a difference. on the other hand it would be more expensive to do this migration than to just pay to get my home internet and digital cable service restored given the price of the ETF and the HD7 combined. and the HD7 isn't even as good as the arrive in terms of RAM. I Just needed a place to rant about this. BTW took me 20 minutes to get this post down. furthermore it seems as of my speeds are close to what they were back in the golden age (10/09-1/31/11) in the early morning and overnight hours but by afternoon and evening they are down to a near standstill.
Eric, I know you saw the posts that Austin and Darren posted in the Epic forum, and you can add me to that list. I've been having issues with coverage and although I had to get to the 2nd level of customer service, they did offer to send me an airwave completely free of charge. I'll have it in a few days.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Re: So mad at sprint!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I have Cable internet and the airrave works well. Got them to send a free one after several calls about the poor coverage around my house.

Why get cable tv? I haven't had it for over 8 years, just an unnecessary expence! I have no problem watching any show or movie I want off the net.

Sent from an Epic 3g on SERO.
normally coverage is good around my house. getting 3 bars now out of 5 just that the signal ots providing is not good at all since the blizzard. as for cable and such we get it in a whole package bundle and have since 03. but were having tough times now so that's y its currently off.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

At the OP, I'm also in the far North suburbs so maybe we're in the same area. But I have not had any issues that you are refering to. During the blizzard no after. I'm near Six Flags if that helps determine if it'a a location thing.

And my friends on T-Mo in this same area haven't had issues either.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:44 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
At the OP, I'm also in the far North suburbs so maybe we're in the same area. But I have not had any issues that you are refering to. During the blizzard no after. I'm near Six Flags if that helps determine if it'a a location thing.

And my friends on T-Mo in this same area haven't had issues either.
its his phone not sprint and your the proof if your info is correct.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Is the swear word filter broken?

Edit: I see the thread name was changed, but the RE:'s still have that lil f bomb in it.

Last edited by shane6374; 04-27-2011 at 01:08 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion