PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So mad at sprint!!!

The respect filter is still in effect.
So good call and Thanx for the change Eric.

You are ok in my book... No matter what anyone else says.
p.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
At the OP, I'm also in the far North suburbs so maybe we're in the same area. But I have not had any issues that you are refering to. During the blizzard no after. I'm near Six Flags if that helps determine if it'a a location thing.

And my friends on T-Mo in this same area haven't had issues either.
I live about 15 to 20 mins northeast of there. last time i was up there my speeds were great as well but return to hometown and they aren't anymore. time of day plays a factor too in the overnight and early morning hours my speeds are great too but one the late afternoon and early evening hits they go back to the speeds in my sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
its his phone not sprint and your the proof if your info is correct.
highly doubt it because i had this on my tp2 in its last weeks as well. and that i only experience this when in my hometown from 1pm to 1am respectively
Old 11-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

UPDATE: instead of locating one of the other threads where I vocalized this issue I decided to bump my own thread with an update to this situation.

The situation has not improved since I first started this thread and in fact it seems that it has gotten worse, being fed up with this on Saturday 10/22 I emailed dan@sprint.com about this issue and around Tuesday 10/25 I received a callback and the person I spoke with said that he would contact the network team in charge of the issue and see what exactly is going on in regards to the situation and he cannot waive my ETF until he hears back from them so he promised he'd call me back the following Tuesday which is today. I just got off the phone with him and was notified that he has not yet heard back from the ticket team so now the callback date is Friday. Hopefully he will hear back from them by then and that I can move onto a different carrier, 9 months of broken promises is wayy too long I'd rather leave to t-mobile and then come back once this is resolved which probably won't be till 2014.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: ongoing service issues with no resolution in sight (updated)

just wondering... but how slow is your speeds? when people complain about slow data, i'm trying to get a reference

I get around 300kbps download and for me it's fine since I'm not trying to run a server from phone :S I mean unless people are tethering, why do they need that much speed? I can watch video's fine/stream tv shows (quality isn't the "best" but I think that's TP2 hardware since on wifi where speed is faster the quality isnt improved). Plus why should sprint's network support tethering computers and having people expect to get more speed than what a phone would need. I mean unless tethering fee is paid for, the data speed shouldn't be needed to support it imo. I see it as me putting premium gas in car and expecting it to go faster... without changing cars.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
just wondering... but how slow is your speeds? when people complain about slow data, i'm trying to get a reference

I get around 300kbps download and for me it's fine since I'm not trying to run a server from phone :S I mean unless people are tethering, why do they need that much speed? I can watch video's fine/stream tv shows (quality isn't the "best" but I think that's TP2 hardware since on wifi where speed is faster the quality isnt improved). Plus why should sprint's network support tethering computers and having people expect to get more speed than what a phone would need. I mean unless tethering fee is paid for, the data speed shouldn't be needed to support it imo. I see it as me putting premium gas in car and expecting it to go faster... without changing cars.
@eyeb my speeds are sooo slow that I can't even listen to a song streaming over Zune let alone watch a YouTube video in low quality, sometimes its too slow to even render my news feed or access my SkyDrive (which I need). My speeds are usually anywhere between 50k and 256k never have I even seen 300 or above on a consistent basis (not even on a Saturday anymore like I used to). 300 also is below what is classified for 3G with T-mobile on EDGE one can get faster speeds than this.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I bet they waive the efts eric. Keep at them about it.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I bet they waive the efts eric. Keep at them about it.
yup sure will and hopefully by this time next week I'll be a t-mobile customer. I'll update this thread as the situation keeps developing,as it stands now it won't be till this time Friday when I hear from the guy again.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
300 also is below what is classified for 3G with T-mobile on EDGE one can get faster speeds than this.
so how fast is 3g suppose to be? I mean on TP2 age hardware...? I'm not sure if the hardware on such an old phone limits the speed.

I mean kind of like how the speed limit is 55 miles per hour but an old car from the 30s would have trouble reaching that speed :S exaggerated example, but the idea is same.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:32 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
so how fast is 3g suppose to be? I mean on TP2 age hardware...? I'm not sure if the hardware on such an old phone limits the speed.

I mean kind of like how the speed limit is 55 miles per hour but an old car from the 30s would have trouble reaching that speed :S exaggerated example, but the idea is same.
My Sprint 3g speeds have been the same from the htc diamond, tp2, Moment, and Epic. Average around 1.2 Mb/sec.

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:

@eyeb well as a note of reference sprint advertises their 3G speeds to average between 600 and 1400kbps with bursts of up to 3200kbps. This is what i expect to be getting or at least be able to listen to a song and watch a video without buffering. When I had my TP and TP2 I was getting between 1800 and 2400 until February of this year. The CDMA 3G standard (EvDO)is slower than the GSM standard of HSPA which can output speeds of up to 21mbps like I recently got at a t-mobile store on an HD7. I don't expect insane speeds like that when I make the switch but with that at least I know I'll never get below 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
My Sprint 3g speeds have been the same from the htc diamond, tp2, Moment, and Epic. Average around 1.2 Mb/sec.

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.
so lucky to be getting those speeds.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion