PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

spediegunz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pissed that verizon gets skype video app exclusivity on the new htc thunderbolt

i saw on htc and skype.com they were showcasing the new skype mobile app coming out for the thunderbolt with video chat.... I need that in my life lol anyway how can i make voice calls on the skype app for andriod without wifi i used to do it on my old touch pro all the time i was so shocked to see u couldn't do it on 3g and especially 4g on the evo is there some sort of root hack?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lilbrulesall is keeping up the good worklilbrulesall is keeping up the good work
Re: Pissed that verizon gets skype video app exclusivity on the new htc thunderbolt

I bet we will get iit ported over asap
Old 01-07-2011, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work
Re: Pissed that verizon gets skype video app exclusivity on the new htc thunderbolt

Hit the home button here on ppcgeeks and there is an article that skype is buying qik. So im sure its just a matter of time before it is made available
Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I was going to say that I( like QIK better but if that is the case, it is moot.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint evo

odell leon is just getting started

Skype vs. Qik :::: I use Skype on my computer for video calls (they are free)computer to computer. It is flawless. On my EVO ,which came with Qik, The calls were bad. I either would loose sound or video. Having to push the button when I speak is a pain-whoever gets a call has to do this. I next tried Fling which worked better but still had bugs. I now use Tango which works best. I wanted Skype on my Evo because of the quality it has, at least on my computer. If Skype upgrades Qik to operate as good as Skype on a computer , then I want it. If Qik is still bad I will continue to wait for the Google voice call app. coming out.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Verizon has exclusive rights with Skype and until that "deal" ends, we won't see it officially..

It's like AT&T and iPhone...

-CC
Old 01-07-2011, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

biglee is just getting started

rumor has it google is working on the video chat for 2.3...
Old 01-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Have not tried this yet but might work: Yahoo! Messenger updated for video calling, bugfixes aplenty | Android Central
Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
I have tried it and it works VERY well! I am not worried about skype anymore since I got this.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Interesting. The option for video on the phone is grayed out with Yahoo. Did you have to do anything special to get it going?

EDIT: I suspect it is because I am trying to go EVO to Mac and Mac is not yet supported.

Last edited by CoryNat; 01-07-2011 at 04:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion