PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Pissed that verizon gets skype video app exclusivity on the new htc thunderbolt (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139303)

spediegunz 01-07-2011 02:18 AM

Pissed that verizon gets skype video app exclusivity on the new htc thunderbolt

i saw on htc and skype.com they were showcasing the new skype mobile app coming out for the thunderbolt with video chat.... I need that in my life lol anyway how can i make voice calls on the skype app for andriod without wifi i used to do it on my old touch pro all the time i was so shocked to see u couldn't do it on 3g and especially 4g on the evo is there some sort of root hack?

lilbrulesall 01-07-2011 02:31 AM

Re: Pissed that verizon gets skype video app exclusivity on the new htc thunderbolt

I bet we will get iit ported over asap :)

mjcole2003 01-07-2011 03:21 AM

Re: Pissed that verizon gets skype video app exclusivity on the new htc thunderbolt

Hit the home button here on ppcgeeks and there is an article that skype is buying qik. So im sure its just a matter of time before it is made available

lkillen 01-07-2011 08:02 AM

I was going to say that I( like QIK better but if that is the case, it is moot.

odell leon 01-07-2011 08:49 AM

Skype vs. Qik :::: I use Skype on my computer for video calls (they are free)computer to computer. It is flawless. On my EVO ,which came with Qik, The calls were bad. I either would loose sound or video. Having to push the button when I speak is a pain-whoever gets a call has to do this. I next tried Fling which worked better but still had bugs. I now use Tango which works best. I wanted Skype on my Evo because of the quality it has, at least on my computer. If Skype upgrades Qik to operate as good as Skype on a computer , then I want it. If Qik is still bad I will continue to wait for the Google voice call app. coming out.

clockcycle 01-07-2011 12:08 PM

Verizon has exclusive rights with Skype and until that "deal" ends, we won't see it officially..

It's like AT&T and iPhone...

-CC

biglee 01-07-2011 12:15 PM

rumor has it google is working on the video chat for 2.3...

CoryNat 01-07-2011 01:17 PM

Have not tried this yet but might work: Yahoo! Messenger updated for video calling, bugfixes aplenty | Android Central

NinjaMom 01-07-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoryNat (Post 2031863)

I have tried it and it works VERY well! I am not worried about skype anymore since I got this.

CoryNat 01-07-2011 03:58 PM

Interesting. The option for video on the phone is grayed out with Yahoo. Did you have to do anything special to get it going?

EDIT: I suspect it is because I am trying to go EVO to Mac and Mac is not yet supported.