PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
US Cellular makes all phones free on contract from the 17th through the 24th

From December 17th through the 24th, you'll be able to pick up any phone in US Cellular's inventory for free on a new contract -- and what's more, they'll flip you a $100 bill credit if you're buying a smartphone, regardless of whether you're a new customer or an existing one adding a line.

Visit their website here!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:13 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: US Cellular makes all phones free on contract from the 17th through the 24th

was looking at how they were comparing their plans with sprint. they have it printed that they have the most talk blah blah bla for $70. but if you look at it, you'll get incoming and mobile to mobile free. now im thinking that m to m is for other USC subscribers only. with that in mind, comparing it to sprint's unlimited anytime any mobile is comparing apples with oranges. plus with sprint, the $69.99 plan makes you eligible to upgrade every 12 months compared to their every 15 months.

i would've still jumped on this though if my area was getting service from USC just to get the free phones...lol.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor
Re: US Cellular makes all phones free on contract from the 17th through the 24th

With USCC ALL incoming calls/texts/pics do not count for your minutes/etc, no matter where they are from or what network.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

psstt..the Samsung Mesmerize is the best phone they have

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: us cellular

jokout is a n00b

The cool thing here is, with the Belief Project, I qualified to end my contract early and pick up a new Mesmerize for FREE...and here is the kicker...no contract commitment!!!! Their new plans are "one and done" if you are an existing USC customer no new contract!
Side note to this...USC sold out company wide all of their allotment of Mesmerize phones and will not see any more till the end of January! If then! I called the store before I got off work to make sure I could get a Mesmerize and they had 5 left, when I arrived at the store an hour later, I got the last one!
Now you may wonder why in the world USC would do such a thing, first, you will be hard pressed to find an unhappy customers, as born out with their #1 carrier rating, they signed a TON of new customers to new 2 year contracts, and in the case of any of their smart phones, they moved a lot of their old and new customers from feature phones into profitable data plans!!!
This is becoming a very successful annual event for USC and the customers love it!
Just wondering if/when one of the nationwide carriers may try this and how successful it would be on a national scale???

Cheers!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:27 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I left US Cellular 4 years ago and came to Sprint. There data network and Smartphone Handsets were pretty much non existent back then.
Nice to see they've stepped up their game Quite a bit. I recommended the Mesmerize to some friends last month, and they both got one for Christmas for each other.

I see they've changed their Plans recently as well. The $69.99 450 minute plan must be to compete with Sprint. Although Free Mobile-2-Mobile is only to US Cellular people and no unlimited data, only 5GB, but enough for most Non-PPcgeeks. Plus no $10 Cool Club Fee!

What happens if you go over 5GB? All I see in their terms is "Using more than 5 GB/month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above."
Old 01-02-2011, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

True that their mobile-to-mobile is only to other USCC customers, but remember, ALL incoming calls and texts are free, they don't count against your minutes or anything.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:37 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
True that their mobile-to-mobile is only to other USCC customers, but remember, ALL incoming calls and texts are free, they don't count against your minutes or anything.
yeah but if you're doing price comparisons....USCC's all incoming calls and texts for free vs. Sprint's any mobile any time calling feature for the same price, being able to call any cell phone on any U.S. network without it counting against your minutes is a really good deal. and the sprint plan already has unlimited incoming/outgoing text.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Is that any mobile on any network and is it included in all plans? (Haven't had Sprint in a long time, don't remember their plans) With USCC, if you combine it with Google Voice you don't need any minutes since it is incoming
Old 01-03-2011, 07:55 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

yeah on any US mobile network. and it starts on their Everything Data Plan ($69.99). the everything data plan in now the most basic plan the sprint offers for individual accounts. but there are other people who are on the older plans still. I was on their free incoming plans for a long time before i jumped on the everything data plan because 99% of the calls i make are to cell phones.

but like i said tho...too bad USCC doesn't have coverage in my side of the land. i wouldn't mind getting their deal for free phones.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion