View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 06:31 PM
jokout
Lurker

jokout is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: US Cellular makes all phones free on contract from the 17th through the 24th

The cool thing here is, with the Belief Project, I qualified to end my contract early and pick up a new Mesmerize for FREE...and here is the kicker...no contract commitment!!!! Their new plans are "one and done" if you are an existing USC customer no new contract!
Side note to this...USC sold out company wide all of their allotment of Mesmerize phones and will not see any more till the end of January! If then! I called the store before I got off work to make sure I could get a Mesmerize and they had 5 left, when I arrived at the store an hour later, I got the last one!
Now you may wonder why in the world USC would do such a thing, first, you will be hard pressed to find an unhappy customers, as born out with their #1 carrier rating, they signed a TON of new customers to new 2 year contracts, and in the case of any of their smart phones, they moved a lot of their old and new customers from feature phones into profitable data plans!!!
This is becoming a very successful annual event for USC and the customers love it!
Just wondering if/when one of the nationwide carriers may try this and how successful it would be on a national scale???

Cheers!