PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
Clear.com (aka: clearwire; aka: the 4g tower people...)

Just an FYI for those interested in a phone service to compete with other companies offering 4G...

Hold off until January 1, 2011 if you're out of contract and considering jumping ship to another carrier or signing up on a new 2-year with someone who offers 4G.

Clear.com is about to jump into the cell phone game (Rumored, but a reliable source).

>Sprint leases towers from them...

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 11-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Clear.com (aka: clearwire; aka: the 4g tower people...)

FYI, Sprint owns more than half of Clearwire stock which makes them pretty much the owners of them. So it is probably going to be another subsidy from sprint kind of like Boost or Virgin mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
Just an FYI for those interested in a phone service to compete with other companies offering 4G...

Hold off until January 1, 2011 if you're out of contract and considering jumping ship to another carrier or signing up on a new 2-year with someone who offers 4G.

Clear.com is about to jump into the cell phone game (Rumored, but a reliable source).

>Sprint leases towers from them...

Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Hypeo is correct. I really dont think sprint "leases" towers from Clear, but more or less shares the cost of those towers. Clear is a conglomerate of several companies together. Sprint is main holder, Comcast, and a few others are as well. Each of the parent companies board members also sit on the board for Clear.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 11-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

That would be great if they were to offer 4G in my area as Sprint does not and does not look to be in the near future.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kingsfan626 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

That would be great if they were to offer 4G in my area as Sprint does not and does not look to be in the near future.
Don't feel bad. I'm in Sprint's 4G area and still can't get a connection. Keep calling and keep getting 2 different stories. "Tech support knows about it and is fixing it" or "Cell towers are being set up and you will have service at the end of 2010". Still don't know what month comes after December that is part of 2010.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

any proof? from what i know sprint owns or has a large share of clear so how would they or why would they lease towers from them. source of you info?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I think clearwire owns some towers and sprint owns other towers..then when a person joins in a clearwire area, sprint pays for that subscriber monthly to clear....thats why clear is complaining, because if its a sprint area, clear gets nothing lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Well Clear needs to do something as I read an article saying they would be out of money by early next year. Sprint in the meantime wants them not to open retail outlets and stick strickly to 4G towers.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

clear has retail in my area. they sell a 3g 4g modem that falls back on sprint with unlimited data for 30 dollars or 40 dollars depending.
Clear.com High Speed Mobile / Wireless Internet Service Provider

Old 12-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Threadstarter

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

A friend of mine has the clear consumer sales contract for several states and said they're planning on rolling out their own wireless phones 1Q2011.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
4g, clear, sprint, verizon