PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What a BLOW to sprint from Big Red

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/08/v...e-get-one-fre/

Verizon sweetens Samsung Fascinate deal with Buy One Get One Free offer

I guess Sprint is proud of their devices!!

What you got to say?

Old 09-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Verizon is always doing buy one get one. They did it it in the storm and all their blackberries at one point. I tried to get sprint to match it one time and they said no because the 2nd phone with verizon would also require $30 data add on which is included in all of sprints data plans which in itself makes it cheaper in the longrun. I guess that's sort of a valid point, not to mention you also get 4g capability. I guess we'll see if sprint does something to respond.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: What a BLOW to sprint from Big Red

interesting. wonder how many big red customers will make the jump to this phone.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
interesting. wonder how many big red customers will make the jump to this phone.
As far as average consumers, my guess is it will appeal to those that think the droid x is too big...Don't get me wrong the Fascinate beats the Droid X hands down..but without the "Droid" name tag behind it makes it less known except for those that actually know their stuff. Of course it is possible once someone goes into a store and sees that Super amoled screen and then can never let it go...lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Laying low in smoke
Threadstarter

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Maybe if sprint did something like this, they would increase their subscribers. I remember they did something similar with the LG Rumor and they ended up selling lots of those phones.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

but look what VZW did to it:

http://gizmodo.com/5632186/samsung-f...-decent-phones
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Laying low in smoke
Threadstarter

Yes, unfortunately VZ is also knows for crippling phones that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8rotor8 View Post
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Ive got a one word answer for the OP:

SERO!!!!!!!

I pay less for my entire SERO than VZW customers do just for their data plan..

Just poking....

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 09-10-2010, 12:04 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Some carriers have to do slick marketing like buy one get one free, really are they out of pocket anything when they tag you with your monthly subscription prices or any other hidden fee stuff they have like over-the-limit of unlimited service?

I don't see this as a hit against Sprint or any other carrier, because let's face it, it doesn't matter what kind of phones you offer, a person is going to go to where they think they get the best service... yeah okay, I'm not including iPhone and AT&T in that statement! HA HA
Old 09-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Laying low in smoke
Threadstarter

I got me three of those..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Ive got a one word answer for the OP:

SERO!!!!!!!

I pay less for my entire SERO than VZW customers do just for their data plan..

Just poking....

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion