PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint: No longer discounts additional lines

Just wanted to let people know that Sprint is no longer discounting add-on lines starting August 1st. So after August 1st, if you add a line and you have a corporate discount on your account, it will not apply to that add-on line. I got screwed this way cause I added a line thinking I'd get a discount and noticed on my bill that the add-on line was not discounted. They really are coming out with a lot of policies to not like Sprint.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Sprint: No longer discounts additional lines

They're just matching what everone else does. You have nowhere to run to.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I really don't care what the competition is doing. I'm with Sprint cause of the reasons they set themselves apart from the other carriers. But if they are going to start matching pricewise their services to other carriers who have more subscribers then there is less and less reason to stay with sprint.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

It must just apply to new add-on lines. I have 4 lines on my account and the CSR said my discount would not be affected and I would continue to receive the discount on the 2 extra lines (Primary line and 1st add-on line are still covered under the new discount rules).
Old 09-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Almost a VIP

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/20.2463; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I really don't care what the competition is doing. I'm with Sprint cause of the reasons they set themselves apart from the other carriers. But if they are going to start matching pricewise their services to other carriers who have more subscribers then there is less and less reason to stay with sprint.
They do their own thing and find people are still leaving so the low price point isn't keeping or adding people. Really it is the phones which add and keep people. More money means Sprint can get better phones first. People look at price second.

My thoughts.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post

I think Sprint is finally getting it that always being the cheapest isn't the best business model.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

LoungeLizard, wait until you get your bill, my add a line discounts are gone, and talked to account services, and I now have 30 days to cancel my account with no termination fees becuase of the rate increase

Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Yeah, I just added my work discount and I don't get discount on extra lines. They said that was discontinued in beginning of august or something like that. Those of you who got the discount in last bill, say goodbye to it. There is no way you'll be able to keep it. Only way to go is to talk to retentions and see if they can compensate you. Otherwise your out of luck.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO?

explainthefee is just getting started
Cancel Sprint without paying ETF

As of August 27th, Sprint removed the ability for any corporate discount to be applied to any lines past the 1st and 2nd. Due to this change, Sprint is now allowing customers to terminate their contracts between now and September 27th.

Discount Policy Change Notice
Effective 8/27/10, discounts will no longer apply to the monthly recurring charge for Add-a-Phone lines beyond the first two lines on family or share plans. The primary and second lines will continue to receive discounts.

Check out my latest post - http://explainthefee.com/2010/09/10/...paying-an-etf/

You have to ask them to mark the contract "Fulfilled" for the lines of service under contract since a discount is no longer applied as signed into your contract.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave01978 View Post
LoungeLizard, wait until you get your bill, my add a line discounts are gone, and talked to account services, and I now have 30 days to cancel my account with no termination fees becuase of the rate increase
Wow I thought it only applied to new add-on lines after August.

As far as the other comments, Sprint did not lose customers cause of their low prices. That really doesn't make sense. They lost customers cause of their horrible customer service and lack of good phones. They are finally getting better phones and I do think customer service has improved but now are getting stricter with their customers and increasing prices.

I would've waited till they at least matched the subscriber base to that of Verizon or ATTs before getting more expensive. But oh well, some of you seem to support Sprint charging more and seem happy to give them more money.

Last edited by ace741; 09-13-2010 at 06:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
cancel, etf, sprint