PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

tracsportva is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink broadband cards? Suggestions?

Hi folks,
I am probably going to get rid of my comcast triple play, not sure if i am moving soon or whatever...but I will probably have to get a broadband card or something of the sort to keep internet in my house.

Any suggestions. I live in Virginia, near Fredericksburg, but I wasnt sure if there was one that covered everything etc...and cost effective..

I lost my job, my home (short sale, just waiting to move out), my wife and kids left me, yes its a country western song...but its mine lol

Just looking to save money. I have a htc tp2, through Sprint, would they offer me a deal on broadband service and if so is it worth it?

Thanks

Trac
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: broadband cards? Suggestions?

Well U could use your tp2 as a modem..but just dont go crazy on the data.. or virgin mobile has unlimited data card..( no 5 gig cap )( sprints 3g ) for 40 bucks a month.. but u gotta spend 150 for the modem.. <---- and no contract.. Too me thats the best deal..
Old 09-16-2010, 06:07 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracsportva View Post
I lost my job, my home (short sale, just waiting to move out), my wife and kids left me, yes its a country western song...but its mine lol
had to give you thanks for that line.

but anyways...what spiritcrusher said above is correct. if you're looking to go off the hook crazy with connection, virgin's unlimited is the way and cheapest way to go. but if you're just gonna connect to check emails, surf the web a little bit, you can just tether your laptop using your tp2 (look around in the tp2 forum for the stealth tethering).

good luck to you my friend. hope things pick up and get better for you and your family real soon.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I will go get that virgin mobile stuff. I am finding new ways to watch tv via my laptop...which is cool.
Thanks!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

my lil' soon to be brother in law got the virgin one and has been playing xbox live on it for almost a month now with no lagging or messing up. May be the route to go for sure. Hope you enjoy!!!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 09-17-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The only thing I saw about virgin is it does not have service in my area, but I have sprint cell phone reception
Old 09-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

but how can that be when virgin works on sprints towers?? I'd give it a shot.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:31 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Yeah like miss Courtney said...virgin runs on the sprint network, so you shouldn't have any problems getting signal with the card if you're getting sprint signal on your phone. Just try it out. You can always return it if it really doesn't work out for you.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
Old 09-29-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

s4audi is a n00b

Use WiFi tethering
Just click on the link, download and install on the phone.

So forget the card and use your phone.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion