PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: one more day ... Android on SERO. Who's in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by [sammich] View Post
Thread moved to Carrier Discussion; thread title fixed
thanks so much for this. these guys are drivin me crazy putting it in the wrong place. i didnt even have a problem with android to begin with, i wanted android and wm ppl to team up and take out the iPhone, but now im against android because of all these threads and something else.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

^^lol some of you guys take this phone crap WAAAAAYYYY to seriously!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thrasher086 is a n00b
Re: Sero Premium and Best Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fu_manchu View Post
I too have a SERO plan and wanted to be able to get my hot mits on a Samsung epic before Oct 1. I didnt want to face stores not having them do to the massive orders by SERO customers! I went to the sprint retail store and well, long story short, they're pretty inept. Called sprint and talked to a rep specifically about the upgrade and she was willing to ship it out and allow me to do the plan upgrade on Oct 1 (exactly like i wanted) however, Sprint charges $100 more and you have to mail in a rebate and wait for your money...I don't like that. Bestbuy online had the phone in stock and allowed me to order as an existing sprint customer without having to do a plan ugrade, just a plan renewal. The process did force me to accept the $10 charge for data, but that was it.
Qty
Product Description
Sprint Mobile Package 1
Samsung - Epic 4G Mobile Phone (Sprint)
Status: Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 09/30/2010 - 09/30/2010 Your Plan
These items will be billed by your wireless carrier and do not include all fees, taxes and surcharges.
* The monthly rate for your existing plan will remain the same.

Monthly Charges, See below
Sprint - Keep Existing Plan, * No change
With 2-year contract extension

Device Model: SPHD700BKS
4G Premium Data for Individual Plans, $10.00

One-Time Charges, $36.00
Activation Fee, $36.00

Order Total: $272.19

hope that answers your question
I just took a look at that and I got all the way to the checkout. I am worried since no where does it ever ask for your mobile phone number to look up your account. I am sure when it is activation time, there will be a problem since Best Buy can't do the change. I am afraid to pull the trigger on this one.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Hellz MindPlaya is a n00b
Re: SERO Premium

Have you guys seen this?

Sprint | Already an Everything Plus or SERO customer?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellz MindPlaya View Post

Yeah, its been posted a few times on the site. Its still good info to post occasionaly though

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 09-30-2010, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

Finally found ONE evo in town at a radio shack, thinking about going to pick it up over lunch and activating it tomorrow. HMMMMMM decision decisions...
Old 09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

After reading I would loose my 20% discount by moving to SERO Premium I dont think I could do the upgrade. Heres the breakdown:

Loosing discount: + $12 (loose it on both lines)
Upgrade to Premium: + $10 (upgrading just one line)
Sprint 4G Coolness tax: + $10

Total cost of upgrading just one of my lines to an Evo or Epic: $32 bucks extra per month!!! Thats a total of $384 per year!

I just dont know if its worth it honestly.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
thanks so much for this. these guys are drivin me crazy putting it in the wrong place. i didnt even have a problem with android to begin with, i wanted android and wm ppl to team up and take out the iPhone, but now im against android because of all these threads and something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
^^lol some of you guys take this phone crap WAAAAAYYYY to seriously!!
Yep, I saw this thread as "What phone are you getting after TP2 on SERO Premium" since palm and WP7 will be an option as we'll, not just Android. Some people...
Old 09-30-2010, 12:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Pro

DaveNagy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpony View Post
Finally found ONE evo in town at a radio shack, thinking about going to pick it up over lunch and activating it tomorrow. HMMMMMM decision decisions...
My local Radio Shack is also holding an Evo for me. However I'm skeptical about whether they will be able to successfully transition me from SERO, to SERO Premium, tomorrow. They seemed pretty clueless, and Sprint seems to be disallowing that sort of thing.

Are you saying that I can or should purchase the phone at Rat Shack, and then activate it... somewhere else? (Either by calling Sprint, or by taking the new phone to the Sprint store?)

I assume this means that I will have to pay full-price for the phone. That's okay, since the subsidy is minimal on a 12-month plan. I will, however, still want to do the mail-in rebate. Will that still be an option in the above scenario?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Dulanic is just getting started
Re: Sero Premium and Best Buy

Well luckily my upgrade isn't available until November 1st. I know Russ posted it can't be done in store, but they said the same thing about the old SERO. Most people have had no problems at all upgrading their SERO phones at BB, myself included. But I will wait and see the luck others have before my upgrade hits I would love to do it through BB as it is cheaper.

I figure, call customer service, change to SERO premium and then try it at a local BB... may work...may not.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero