PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO to allow other phones

Well with the extra $10 a month you do get Sprint Navi and unlimited anytime wireless. I think you also get Sprint TV to (could be wrong). So that kinda makes the extra charge worth it to me at least.
Im just getting tired of the TP2 quirks. Like when I reply to a text, I hit reply, then quickly open the keyboard... it goes all janky. Sometimes going to the actual phone dialer, sometimes going to wireless settings.
There are others too. I have tried alot of ROMs and none of them seem smooth to me.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 09-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Well with the extra $10 a month you do get Sprint Navi and unlimited anytime wireless. I think you also get Sprint TV to (could be wrong). So that kinda makes the extra charge worth it to me at least.
Im just getting tired of the TP2 quirks. Like when I reply to a text, I hit reply, then quickly open the keyboard... it goes all janky. Sometimes going to the actual phone dialer, sometimes going to wireless settings.
There are others too. I have tried alot of ROMs and none of them seem smooth to me.
True, it does add cool features but I wouldn't use them (haven't used 500 mins in the past 2 years total and I've got Garmin xt). I am also hoping some smaller phones come out for my fiancee. She loves the size of her htc diamond but hates WM. I am tired of WM too. She doesn't like the palm pre and everything else is too big for her
Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1
Carrier: Sprint

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work
Re: SERO Premium

Seems like all Sprint Customer Care reps have different knowledge on the matter. I got another response from another rep saying she confirms I am on an old Sero plan and that I would be eligible coming Oct 1. I am keeping this email for confirmation.

dja2k
Old 09-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

3tconcepts is a n00b

Do you think I can do the $10 extra a month for the premium data experience on the EVO or EPIC and skip the extra $10 Anymobile Anytime option w/Navigation
Old 09-07-2010, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

thrasher086 is a n00b
Sero Premium and Best Buy

Does anyone have any information of Best Buy having these new plans on October 1st? I would like to walk in and out with a Evo without mail in rebates and the new SERO Premium plan. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tconcepts View Post
Do you think I can do the $10 extra a month for the premium data experience on the EVO or EPIC and skip the extra $10 Anymobile Anytime option w/Navigation
No you can't because the whole purpose of Sprint coming out with new Sero plans is to get customers to jump shift if they want the newest 4g devices. In other words, they want you to pay $20 more a month for new 4g device privileges on Sero. Hey at least its better than paying $59.99/500 Everything Plus Referral plan now and having pay the 4G $10 add-on also.

dja2k
Old 09-07-2010, 06:50 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tconcepts View Post
that would be a no. because i think ultimately, the $10 was for SERO accounts to be able to use any of the iconic devices. and so that people would not think it was a cool phone charge being added, they're including the anytime any mobile a sprint nav so that customers aren't gonna say they are being shafted. but they thought wrong..LOL

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Re: Sero Premium and Best Buy

Sorry dude. You will not be getting a SERO from bestbuy. These plans are legacy, and arent being offered anymore by anyone (not even sprint). IF you are wanting SERO, check the bargain trader threads, there are usually some that pop up on there every now and then. I bought 2 of my SERO accounts from there nd had great success.

You may want to read up on SERO and EPRP here:
http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/SPRINT_SERO

Hope that helps!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
if pandaman was able to switch from the SERO family plan to the SERO individual plan, there wouldn't be any problem going vice-versa right? because i have the $30 SERO 500 now...but within six months or so, would like to get it switched to the SERO family plan. just didn't know if they would allow it.

and yes...i too would like the link posted please.
there isn't a sero family plan.

the plan posted above (not by pandaman) is an old legacy plan that doesn't even have unlimited data. I'm not sure how sprint is going to deal with all the old plans... maybe allow them to switch to sero premium if they want? or maybe let them die off.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

sprint should pick up the desire now that its out on us cellular.
perfect 3.8 inch screen and no 4g! they could still sell it for 199 even though evo is 199 since there is no 4g tax. they could then retire the hero and have a decent line up.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero