PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Sprint to begin throttling data this Summer??

Moved to Carrier Discussion
Old 06-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
no it didn't sprint added it at one point and it only pertains to data cards and PAM....

That said right now your plan is unlimited..BUT throttling isn't limiting the amount you can dld, it just limits at the speed you can download it at..so even now you may have "truely unlimited" 1kb a sec unlimited is worth squat lol

Gotcha. I highly doubt they will throttle all data ll the time, and will hopefully only due it once customers go over a certain amount of data in any given month. Either way, I guess we will have to wait and see...
Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

so does that mean "there goes the 4G speed" (for those who has it)?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:41 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
so does that mean "there goes the 4G speed" (for those who has it)?
There is little information yet..but its possible once you go over a certain amount of data a month your speeds could drop dramatically...

It is also possible this is for 3G only as if you think about it..the new data plan now allows for more bandwidth usage..this may be ok in 4g areas but 3g areas have receiving to upgrades to support this..so they could be taking precautions..other possibility is the CDMA iphone and them not wanting to deal with what happened to AT&T

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 06-11-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:59 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Merged Sprint to begin throttling data this Summer?? with Sprint to begin throttling data this Summer??

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
There is little information yet..but its possible once you go over a certain amount of data a month your speeds could drop dramatically...

It is also possible this is for 3G only as if you think about it..the new data plan now allows for more bandwidth usage..this may be ok in 4g areas but 3g areas have receiving to upgrades to support this..so they could be taking precautions..other possibility is the CDMA iphone and them not wanting to deal with what happened to AT&T
if this is going to be the case this summer....there goes me downloading all those 80-90 minute long dj mixes directly on my phone...lol.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor

I love the hysteria people create by giving little snippets of information.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

I have to say, Sprint data speeds over 3g seems to decreased since right before the EVO came out??? I'm getting .2mbps down avg. what the hell is up with the network? And my upload is avg. .4mbps. Why the hell is the upload higher than the download? something isn't right...
Old 06-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

Yeah it seemed that way for me too. But the past week or so it seemed to return to normal for me.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

Not in Houston. FML. About to call Sprint, I'm highly dissatisfied with .2-.5mbps down speeds. trying to stream music straight from my home server and it skips ever 10 seconds... Did you get the EVO yet?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion