PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2,hero
Carrier: sprint

jocampo86 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Not eligible to upgrade on your voice line? You may be in luck if you have an Air

i was thinking of doing the same thing using my airave availability to uograde but sprint reps told me that wouldnt be correct snd if i do it they will not credit my monthly fee and i will be locked 2yr contract.......becausei was trying to commit fraud ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
Apologies all around. I'd assumed that I'd mentioned that in the first post, and clearly I did not. But yea, I'll be transitioning to an EPRP plan.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2,hero

jocampo86 is just getting started
Re: Not eligible to upgrade on your voice line? You may be in luck if you have an Air

sorry quoted u ..by mistake
Old 05-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Fraud? This is in no way fraud. We do alternate upgrades at VZW daily.

- You have a line of service that is eligible for upgrade
- You're agreeing to a new 2-year contract term
- The line whose upgrade eligibility is being used will still be incur an ETF if canceled within the 2-year term

There is nothing about this type of transaction that is fraudulent.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

ssteven365 is becoming a great contributor

So can anybody tell me the process for this to work? Do I simply ESN swap another phone on my account to the airave number and the airave to one of the non-airrave numbers? I'm lost.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Interesting.... Umm why do you have Sprint service if you work for Verizon? Just curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
EDIT: The paranoid guy who doesn't wanna lose his job won out. I decided to clear all the number and the employee discount amount. I'll just say that I'm paying less with Sprint, than I would be with VZW, even as an employee. I mean, look at that EPIC WIN down there in my sig.
my brother also works for verizon but still carries his sprint phone for the same reason. sprint works great in UT and he'd be paying more even as a VZW employee than he does for sprint so he sticks with them, he's even likely the first guy that preordered an Evo from Radioshack in SL Valley so on June 4, he's going to walk into the VZW call center packin' the Evo

funny story about people using phones from other than their employers, he helped a VZW customer the other day who works for sprint, while he works for VZW and carries sprint
Old 05-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksmage View Post
MidwestDrummer. My plan is almost identical to yours and I'm giving it up in 2 weeks for the EVO =(. Feels bad.

But **** YEAH EVO!!!!!!! =D>

I have the airave as well. If i wanted to get the EVO from my airave's supposed phone upgrade thingy, how would I go about doing it from the sprint website? I'd like to save my $150 upgrade on my main line if possible.
I have the exact same plan as OP as well, including Airave. I dont know if the EVO is worth it. I'm happy with TP2 and latest EnergyRom/C0okie Mod. I dont have 4G in my area yet anyway. SERO is just too good of a deal. Even a switch to $59 EPRP plan seems to be a waste of $ if I'm not going to gain 4G. With TEP, the bill would go from $41 to $71+ and thats NOT even counting the $10 extra if you want 4G.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. I dont think Sprint will limit legacy plan holders on every new smartphone that comes out forever. At some point, after they have forced enough people to migrate with this strategy, they MIGHT ease up on the restrictions. Windows Phone 7 will be a pivotal time for seeing how they will go forward with this policy. If they open up SERO for WP7 phones we may have hope. Otherwise, they will have made a firm corp. decision to make all legacy/SERO plans dumphone only since no new smartphones will work with it. There are a lot of legacy plan holders with business smart phones using WM6.x. I'm hoping at some point things change. At least for now, I'm attempting to wait them out. Telling your loyal, legacy plan holders they cant get any new smartphones forever is a pretty bold move. They wont get me to jump ship this easily.

OP, let us know how your transition to EPRP goes.

Last edited by Alpine-; 05-26-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

a4x4kindagal is a n00b

I have a phone with Sprint that is out of contract and an internet usb card that is still under contract. Can I get the evo and switch my internet card to a voice line to activate my EVO on?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4x4kindagal View Post
I have a phone with Sprint that is out of contract and an internet usb card that is still under contract. Can I get the evo and switch my internet card to a voice line to activate my EVO on?
technically yes, but why?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2

iceturkee is just getting started

i just noticed my airuave line is also eligible for an upgrade as is my primary. i thought as a sprint premier customer only the primary line was eligible for an uprade after 12 months.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

a4x4kindagal is a n00b

[QUOTE=jbearamus;1786668]technically yes, but why?[/QUOTE

The EVO can connect 5 or 8 devices for $30 a month and my wireless card is almost $70! (with taxes and such)

I stopped by a Sprint store and the rep said NO I CAN"T. My internet card is not eligible for the discount price till next year sometime.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion