View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Alpine-
Regular 'Geeker

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Not eligible to upgrade on your voice line? You may be in luck if you have an Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksmage View Post
MidwestDrummer. My plan is almost identical to yours and I'm giving it up in 2 weeks for the EVO =(. Feels bad.

But **** YEAH EVO!!!!!!! =D>

I have the airave as well. If i wanted to get the EVO from my airave's supposed phone upgrade thingy, how would I go about doing it from the sprint website? I'd like to save my $150 upgrade on my main line if possible.
I have the exact same plan as OP as well, including Airave. I dont know if the EVO is worth it. I'm happy with TP2 and latest EnergyRom/C0okie Mod. I dont have 4G in my area yet anyway. SERO is just too good of a deal. Even a switch to $59 EPRP plan seems to be a waste of $ if I'm not going to gain 4G. With TEP, the bill would go from $41 to $71+ and thats NOT even counting the $10 extra if you want 4G.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. I dont think Sprint will limit legacy plan holders on every new smartphone that comes out forever. At some point, after they have forced enough people to migrate with this strategy, they MIGHT ease up on the restrictions. Windows Phone 7 will be a pivotal time for seeing how they will go forward with this policy. If they open up SERO for WP7 phones we may have hope. Otherwise, they will have made a firm corp. decision to make all legacy/SERO plans dumphone only since no new smartphones will work with it. There are a lot of legacy plan holders with business smart phones using WM6.x. I'm hoping at some point things change. At least for now, I'm attempting to wait them out. Telling your loyal, legacy plan holders they cant get any new smartphones forever is a pretty bold move. They wont get me to jump ship this easily.

OP, let us know how your transition to EPRP goes.

Last edited by Alpine-; 05-26-2010 at 01:52 PM.