PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

twizt3d is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Sero Plan Question

So Im looking at getting the Everything Plus Data - with Any Mobile Anytime 500 plan.

This plan includes
* 500 Anytime Minutes
* Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time.
* Data: Unlimited Web surfing, email, GPS Navigation, Sprint Music Premier, Sprint TV Premier, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS)
* Direct Connect: Unlimited Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
* Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges

for 59.99/month, some of you are probably familiar with with plan. Now it comes with a free phone, but I was going to add this to my existing account, and then transfer my TP2 onto that plan. I would prefer to take my phone number with me, but this isnt as big of an issue as it would be for some people. I also know that I need to wait 30 days before doing the ESN Swaps between the phones and the Sero plan and my existing plan, or at least this used to be the case. Now for my questions, my existing plan is the simply everything 99/month and is well out of contract. I plan to do the esn swap i mentioned previously to put my TP2 on Sero, and the free phone on my simply everything, and then terminate the Simply everything as it is out of contract. Im wondering if they are going to want the free phone returned to them since I would still have the contract with the Sero plan. Also, for my free phone, I would like a i920 for other reasons, and sprint.com seems to let me put that phone on the EPD AMA 500 plan without any problems. But since this is an iDEN phone, I was wondering if there would be any issues moving phones between plans since one is cdma and the other is iden. If that will be an issue, ill take a lotus and sell it on ebay.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Re: New Sero Plan Question

No they are not going to want the free phone back because you are opening a two-year contract under sero 59.99, if you were to cancel it under contract they would want you to return it if under thirty days, if over thirty days you get early termination fee and might even charge you for the phone but I doubt it.

You should be able to activate any phone iden or cdma without problems.

First day: I would do the plan swap first. Make sure you emphasize to the rep that you want the contract dates unchanged: Once you have the two lines listed under you account on sprint.com account you should also be able to swap your old line/number into your sero plan and your new line/number into your everything plan. All you're doing are plan swaps to keep your number but don't mention this to rep.

On the 2nd day do phone/esn swaps.

Your contract dates should stay the same, the every line with the new number 99.99 should stay out-of-contract/month-to-month and your new sero line with old phone number swapped in already should be up in two years. All you're doing are phone swaps.

Third day, after verifying contract dates are the same on your sprint.com account and everything looks as planned then cancel the out-of-contract line and sell free phone or whatever you want to do with it.

I'm breaking down the steps in separate days so you don't consfuse the rep and so you can verify everything was done properly on your sprint.com account.

Last edited by Rippa_MD; 01-19-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

twizt3d is becoming a great contributor

Yea I had to change to a normal everything data plan because it would not allow me to add a sero plan to my existing account because i did not have a sero plan, the website seemed wierd, it said my account number was invalid. But it did allow me to create a new number/plan on a new account number, i opted not to lol. So no sero for me, but no contract extension either....
Old 01-19-2010, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

since you are out of contract there is a loophole.
basically you port your number over to a prepaid line preferably a gsm service company. I highly recommend a 'Go Pone' from at&t.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...i_sku=12456294

in other words find the cheapest prepaid phone that includes minutes if possible, but you might need to buy minutes, I remember before some had starter minutes, now it's rare.

http://www.amazon.com/AT-3G-Card-Pre.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

once your number is ported to at&t your sprint 99.99 plan account is canceled automatically.

after waiting 10-15 days:

go back to the sprint.com/sero site and open your account, pick your plan, pick your phone, and pick port option, it will ask you to enter your account number, cell number, pin from your go phone information.

you get your free phone in two days, hopefully phone number is ported, if not just call to see the status, in three-five days if not sooner your old number is ported back into your sero sprint line no questions asked.

your old sprint 99.99 plan with old number>ported to prepaid go phone>ported back to sprint sero account. swap your tp2 into you sero account and sell free phone and enjoy your savings...
Old 01-19-2010, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

the toughest part about this is having to pay for more prepaid minutes while you wait out the 10-15 days before porting back into sprint. you have to keep your go phone account alive (in good standing) with at least 5-10 minutes always. you will lose any minutes/credits you had on your gsm phone...

if you don't talk that much it shouldn't be a problem...

I did this, I help my cousin do the same, and his wife lol. it's not new info, I picked up the info from slickdeals.com and others too have been successful.

I bought my goPhone straight from att.com, since I could buy the minutes, free shipping and free activation, porting of sprint line, I knock out everything all at the att.com site.

once you buy the go phone the activation process starts, look for the porting option, but if you miss it you can always call customer service once you get your go phone in the mail.
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Nokia+2610+-+Silver+-+GoPhone%C2%AE+-+Prepaid&q_sku=sku3820267

19.99 can't be beat...

Last edited by Rippa_MD; 01-19-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, treo wx, mogul, tp, tp 2, HTC Incredible
Carrier: sprint & verizon

gtcoffe is keeping up the good workgtcoffe is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
No they are not going to want the free phone back because you are opening a two-year contract under sero 59.99, if you were to cancel it under contract they would want you to return it if under thirty days, if over thirty days you get early termination fee and might even charge you for the phone but I doubt it.

You should be able to activate any phone iden or cdma without problems.

First day: I would do the plan swap first. Make sure you emphasize to the rep that you want the contract dates unchanged: Once you have the two lines listed under you account on sprint.com account you should also be able to swap your old line/number into your sero plan and your new line/number into your everything plan. All you're doing are plan swaps to keep your number but don't mention this to rep.

On the 2nd day do phone/esn swaps.

Your contract dates should stay the same, the every line with the new number 99.99 should stay out-of-contract/month-to-month and your new sero line with old phone number swapped in already should be up in two years. All you're doing are phone swaps.

Third day, after verifying contract dates are the same on your sprint.com account and everything looks as planned then cancel the out-of-contract line and sell free phone or whatever you want to do with it.

I'm breaking down the steps in separate days so you don't consfuse the rep and so you can verify everything was done properly on your sprint.com account.
This description sounds like you don't need to get the gsm phone first....is this true? Your directions are wonderful but I need this tiny clarification. Thanks PM me please!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thumbs up Re: New Sero Plan Question

Sorry for the confusion, the OP that stated that the sprint website did not allow him because his current plan was not a sero plan since SERO plans are meant to attract new customers...

A GSM phone is needed:
Leaving/porting for a prepaid GSM for a week or two allows you to keep your current number and come back to SERO as a 'new' customer using the sprint.com/sero site.

A GSM phone is NOT needed if you decide that you don't care about losing your current number, just call to cancel as long as your contract has expired.
Wait 4-5 business days and open a new sero line as new customer.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion