PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
has anyone ever been contacted from sprint for too much data usage?

average around 18 gb a month now.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s
Re: has anyone ever been contacted from sprint for too much data usage?

18gb on a wireless data plan or do you mean tethered through your device?

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

i got letter a few years back.. tethering on 1x with my sanyo 8200.. they put me on a 40mb plan.lol i still went over that guickly though.. but they never sent anything else or over charged me.. Ive tethered for 5 years straight.. til last june to be exact when we finally got dsl out here in the country.. but i would use anywhere from 4 to 12 gigs a month.. never heard a peep from sprint..
Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint was making noise recently about putting a stop to tethering, so I wouldn't be surprised if people start getting letters/charges/cancelled accounts.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Almost a VIP

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well after the spending limit fee 4.99 etc your prolly right saltydawg.. with sprint u never know..they seem to ust come outta nowhere with things.. without warning...

Me personally since i finally got dsl out here in the country i dont care bout tethering anymore.. and if im away i just use my cell for info ( hero )... but im sure there are alot of peeps. like me who didnt want to pay for a stupid data card with that 5 gig cap, when u can tether for free with wm.. or other phones...

but can u blame sprint for wanting to protect the network? im sure all off us dont want to see sprint end up like att. lol where we get slow down or network problems.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:25 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
well after the spending limit fee 4.99 etc your prolly right saltydawg.. with sprint u never know..they seem to ust come outta nowhere with things.. without warning...

Me personally since i finally got dsl out here in the country i dont care bout tethering anymore.. and if im away i just use my cell for info ( hero )... but im sure there are alot of peeps. like me who didnt want to pay for a stupid data card with that 5 gig cap, when u can tether for free with wm.. or other phones...

but can u blame sprint for wanting to protect the network? im sure all off us dont want to see sprint end up like att. lol where we get slow down or network problems.
A couple of things...

#1: AT&T's network problems are over rated. 90% of the places have way faster data than Sprint. They have problems in a couple cities, but everywhere else it's top notch. It just so happens that the couple cities they have problems in (New York and San Francisco) are dominated by people with a lot of pull in the media- so we hear about it more than we normally would if it was in any other city.

#2: I really don't care if the same thing happens to Sprint. If Sprint lets that happen, I'll drop them and go to another carrier (just like I dropped AT&T and went to Sprint). Why would I put Sprint above myself? It's their job to upgrade their network so it can handle the needs of their customers. They happily take my money every month, happily sold me a smartphone that does all this, and happily sold me an unlimited data plan with said smartphone. As long as they keep their network up to date, there won't be any issues. AT&T's problem was they totally slacked on their network and it came back to bite them.

Having said all of that, I agree with the overall point you make, I just disagree on a few minor details. I don't really care too much about tethering either. I like to do it when I am camping or away from home and need to get online. But my phone (Touch Pro 2) works just as well for me most of the time. I don't see any reason to pay for a data card every month for such moderate use.

Sprint is already making nooise about tethering though, see here:
http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-to-b...revealed-9444/
Old 01-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Almost a VIP

http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-to-b...revealed-9444/ __________________

bah they cant do nothing to block it. they can do like they have done.. software wise on the phones. but if there is a work around like always. they cant block it..

u just have to monitor your usage. and not go over the 5 gig cap..

thats old news they have said that for years..

hey salty i mean no harm when i reply back to your posts by the way.. i just like to debate.. its good fun.. we each have our opinions..
Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im at 15g all from tp2 with no letters.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Almost a VIP

lol darren the most ive used one month was alittle over 20 gigs..( damn torrents ) I think its has alot bout location.. i think a dude living in a major city dl torrents while tethering will get a notice before someone like me who live in the middle of nowhere with a tower 2 miles away.. just a thought..
Old 01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-to-b...revealed-9444/ __________________

bah they cant do nothing to block it. they can do like they have done.. software wise on the phones. but if there is a work around like always. they cant block it..

u just have to monitor your usage. and not go over the 5 gig cap..

thats old news they have said that for years..

hey salty i mean no harm when i reply back to your posts by the way.. i just like to debate.. its good fun.. we each have our opinions..
It's all good man. I actually agree with you- they can't stop it.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion