View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 03:25 PM
BlackDynamite
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: has anyone ever been contacted from sprint for too much data usage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
well after the spending limit fee 4.99 etc your prolly right saltydawg.. with sprint u never know..they seem to ust come outta nowhere with things.. without warning...

Me personally since i finally got dsl out here in the country i dont care bout tethering anymore.. and if im away i just use my cell for info ( hero )... but im sure there are alot of peeps. like me who didnt want to pay for a stupid data card with that 5 gig cap, when u can tether for free with wm.. or other phones...

but can u blame sprint for wanting to protect the network? im sure all off us dont want to see sprint end up like att. lol where we get slow down or network problems.
A couple of things...

#1: AT&T's network problems are over rated. 90% of the places have way faster data than Sprint. They have problems in a couple cities, but everywhere else it's top notch. It just so happens that the couple cities they have problems in (New York and San Francisco) are dominated by people with a lot of pull in the media- so we hear about it more than we normally would if it was in any other city.

#2: I really don't care if the same thing happens to Sprint. If Sprint lets that happen, I'll drop them and go to another carrier (just like I dropped AT&T and went to Sprint). Why would I put Sprint above myself? It's their job to upgrade their network so it can handle the needs of their customers. They happily take my money every month, happily sold me a smartphone that does all this, and happily sold me an unlimited data plan with said smartphone. As long as they keep their network up to date, there won't be any issues. AT&T's problem was they totally slacked on their network and it came back to bite them.

Having said all of that, I agree with the overall point you make, I just disagree on a few minor details. I don't really care too much about tethering either. I like to do it when I am camping or away from home and need to get online. But my phone (Touch Pro 2) works just as well for me most of the time. I don't see any reason to pay for a data card every month for such moderate use.

Sprint is already making nooise about tethering though, see here:
http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-to-b...revealed-9444/