PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Perhaps track down yogi and park ranger smith to help...

Goodluck
Old 12-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: someone ordered a insurance replacement from my account

I had something like this happen to me about 2 months ago, and it happened the next day after I got of the phone with an overly friendly young male Sprint rep. He was so nice, that after accidently getting disconnected, he left me a voice mail and than called me back a 2nd time to fix the issue, I never seen such dedication!

Anyways, the day after, I get an email from Assurion stating my new phone replacement is on its way to San Francisco (I live in Michigan). I called Assurion to straighten it out, than called Sprint and spoke to retentions and told them I had suspicions about their Sprint rep because he was way too nice to be a rep. The retentions guy seemed very interested in my observations and noted everything down and said he would send it to management. Than I called FedEx and told them to stop the shipment because its fraud and they complied. So it was a hassle but I got it straightened out. I also made sure to change my Sprint password.

So most likely, it was an inside job by the Sprint rep. I am not stupid, I know he had a reason to be that nice, he’s probably in some fraud ring that steals high end phones, changes their ESNs, and than sells them on ebay.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint 4G EVO

BLawicki is keeping up the good workBLawicki is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
why, you getting one too. lol ill bet op's on sprint, seems to happen to sprint all the time.

I had 5 ordered since last FEB on my acct...had no idea. They refunded me a shstload of money. Haha.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/1280; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

aww man that sucks. i hope they make things rite for u
Old 12-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

Any update on your situation?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Well it looks like I got hit with this one yesterday. Looks like someone created an online account under my phone number and filed a claim through Assurion. The phone was delivered to a Edward Ramos in San Francisco today. The phone was left at the front door. I have his complete. If I didn't live so far I'd go there and take it.

I've since change my account so every upgrades or replacement requires a credit card. I also got rid of my online access. So if I get another notice via email, I'll know ahead of time if it was done the same way or internal. And also check every single thing with Sprint is current: Password, email, address. Sprint didn't tell me there was an address change so I wasn't alarmed. Make sure you guys set it up so you get a text or email when there's an activity on your account. I'm so pissed right now. I should call the local police and report him since I have all his information.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

preston411 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (PYMP: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

Same thing happened 2 me. They red flagged my acct so I cldnt upgrade and my online access was jacked! Took weeks 2 correct! Good luck.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness
Threadstarter

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

turns out it was a inside job. got a letter from Sprint Security
Old 05-11-2010, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Ya I got the same mail from Sprint also. I hope it won't ever happen again.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion