PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looking to get out of your Sprint contract, with no ETF?

It's a little more pricey than others but we can back it up!! You get what you pay for right?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 12-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

What prevents someone from canceling their plan and then signing up again as a "new customer" to get all the device discounts?
Old 12-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
It's a little more pricey than others but we can back it up!! You get what you pay for right?
???? ummm get what you pay for? what do you get more? coverage is no better they do not have a iphone.

Sprint and verizon both have the tp2 the get what you paid for term in this case gets me cause that is what this is all about is money paid.

If i could get this same plan i have with verizon that i have with sprint i still might not change cause there are many horror stories there also.

If you leave sprint for over priced verizon goodluck cause you can't beat the prices.they are going up 20 cents a line 20 CENTS yes i do not like it i have 7 lines but try and get 7 lines on verizon with all the extra's for about 150$ per month not going to happen.
Goodluck to those who leave.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
What prevents someone from canceling their plan and then signing up again as a "new customer" to get all the device discounts?
Morals? I don't know, but you might lose your number if you do that, and there may be other limitations.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: Looking to get out of your Sprint contract, with no ETF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
1. you can port your number to a prepaid phone with at&t.

2.*I would wait 3-4 weeks after you ported your number, to jump back in as a new customer.

3. sign up again as a new sprint customer and port your old number from prepaid account back into your new sprint account.

4. enjoy your new fee that made you cancel the first time but also enjoy new customer discounts on a new phone.

the trick would be Sprint not charging you an ETF, if you can manage that follow steps 1-4
Old 12-30-2009, 03:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO / BB 8330
Carrier: sprint/verizon

thmgombosi is becoming a great contributor

I actually got out of my sprint contract this spring (customer service issue), and switched to at&t. Had them for three weeks and canceled them because every other call was dropped. So i had no choice but to go back to sprint. when i did they signed me up as a new customer and ported my numbers back.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

I just think its funny that people are thinking of leaving Sprint to possibly go to Verizon over a matter of $.50.... Hahahahahahahaha

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!

Last edited by heydjbobby74; 01-24-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

people are so silly don't know what they got. and will cancel and end up paying 2 or 3 times more for less service. (less minutes etc)
Old 01-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network
Threadstarter

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadall View Post
people are so silly don't know what they got. and will cancel and end up paying 2 or 3 times more for less service. (less minutes etc)
Leaving isn't the only reason people may cancel. My buddy has a family plan. He just canceled one of his lines with no ETF and then went straight to Best Buy and picked up a new Hero for $99 by adding the line he just canceled. So I guess it worked out in that respect. In fact if he was to sell either his TP2 or his wife's Pre, they'd actually make money on the deal.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post

yes you get what you pay for : what do you get when you pay a more expensive hooker ??? A better scre*ing ??LOL Verizon's coverage is no better than my Sprint coverage in the area i live in (which I stay in 360 days a year) , I only get my corporate discount on single voice lines over 39.95 instead of my entire bill, and V cannot touch my 5 line everything plus plan . While V does have better tech support wait time , it's debatable if they have better support. Many times I can get exactly what I need through the right Sprint reps with some gentle coaxing and persuasion , not to mention the extras they throw in to appease a customer. I would say if you are in a more rural area, the network could be a factor or if you just looking to get out of a contract to get new discounted phones you might have a valid point, but other than that and maybe a few other unusual reasons , I think switching for a .50 charge might be attributed to fidgeting and going into panic mode , especialy when someone talks about getting same pone(TP2)....maybe for the HD2 or better,,,but not for the same phone...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion