PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 02:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

golden_boy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Not receiving calls on FRX07.1

alright gentleman i am having the same issue...i am not veery tech savy so i dont even know a good place to start...can someone please assit

thanks
Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_boy View Post
alright gentleman i am having the same issue...i am not veery tech savy so i dont even know a good place to start...can someone please assit

thanks
Well, it seems for some Google Voice is causing an issue...?

If you're using that, perhaps you should reset it. I'm not sure how that works exactly.

Otherwise, I already posted the solution to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh
See detule's post. We're working to get it permanently fixed, thanks.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_boy View Post

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgviewer View Post
That was it, It was google voice that was messed up, working great ever since. Thanks=D>

I do not have any kind of Google Voice integration, and what I was noticing with the stock 7.1 RIL is that on a fresh boot, the phone would invariably ignore calls. Perhaps the GV integration prods the radio into action and masks this deficiency in the RIL. If you find yourself with a similar symptom as the one I described above, following the instructions posted on xda (that arrrghhh referred you to) for bind mounting the custom ril should alleviate those problems (hopefully).
Old 09-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

rgviewer is a n00b

Another thing I read is that as soon as you boot into android, that If you make a call to someone, anyone, even your voice mail, then that can also fix problems with incomming, missed calls. Don't know if this fix still valid for this build or not but worth a try.

Mine has been working great now and havn't missed a single call or txt. Good luck to you.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 (TP2)

Paran0idAndr0id is a n00b

I had the same issue and just installed the latest frx071 zip in the download section yesterday, but once I made an outgoing call I could receive calls and txt msgs. I don't use google voice, but this is seems to only be an issue on initial boot.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rgviewer is a n00b

Yes, I also figured that out that an out going call must be placed after initial booting into android. Then I can receive calls and txt. Not a bad trade off, just have to remember to make that first call before I miss any.

Keep up the great work, love my new TP 2 Android.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgviewer View Post
Yes, I also figured that out that an out going call must be placed after initial booting into android. Then I can receive calls and txt. Not a bad trade off, just have to remember to make that first call before I miss any.

Keep up the great work, love my new TP 2 Android.
I also have been missing calls in 7.1 (never missed a call using 7.0, never missed a text in either). I found that if I set WinMo to Airplane mode before booting Android, calls come in fine. This might be easier than placing an out going call.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

I had an similar situation happen yesterday.

Phone was working fine for several days/weeks (calls, texts, everything - don't remember the last time I rebooted) then around 5pm I got a barrage of texts from a friend, but I didn't actually get around to reading/responding until 5:30 or so.

The weird thing was that I had no data and trying to toggle in/out of airplane mode did nothing. I found out later that someone also tried to call between 5:00 and 5:30, but it went straight to voice mail.

Nothing seemed to be able to "unstick" the problem, so I power cycled the phone. Once back in to FRX7.1 the text went out almost immediately and data/calls once again worked.

I'm using a Rhod400/CDMA.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Is it worth a shot to try the file linked on XDA?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post

Phone was working fine for several days/weeks (calls, texts, everything - don't remember the last time I rebooted) then around 5pm I got a barrage of texts from a friend, but I didn't actually get around to reading/responding until 5:30 or so.

The weird thing was that I had no data and trying to toggle in/out of airplane mode did nothing. I found out later that someone also tried to call between 5:00 and 5:30, but it went straight to voice mail.

Nothing seemed to be able to "unstick" the problem, so I power cycled the phone. Once back in to FRX7.1 the text went out almost immediately and data/calls once again worked.

This problem seems to be very random. Sometimes it works all good. Other times it doesn't. The only thing that worked for me was setting WinMo to Airplane mode before booting android. Now I never miss calls.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rgviewer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post

My phone has been working great to, been using it for several days without rebooting phone. Tonight I got several txt from a friend. Later I tried to view txt. I wasn't able to open the msg program to read the txt or delete them. The phone kept kicking me out, Also wouldn't let me get into settings. Then phone locked up and did a non stop mini boot.

Tried rebooting into android after resetting my phone but my data file somehow all got corrupted and wont reboot.

I am wondering if somehow the multiply txt messages could be corrupting android somehow. later called friend and found he never sent pic messages or anything big, just short txt.

This is probably in the wrong area to be talking about this and sorry for the long post.

Anyway I love my TP2 Android and thanks to everyone who has made this possible.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2