PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 08:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppcgeeks
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

gueyenono is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android freezing anytime trying to set APN

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I tried this build, because of his HQ YouTube claim.

APN is just plain missing, no clue what he did. I added it manually, just entered Android and internet for the APN settings - worked fine after I did that (and selected the APN).

Although despite all these posts, the OP has not revisited this thread .
Sorry for not revisiting the thread for a long time. I actually was very busy. I was able to set my APN manually but I had to do it fast before it froze. My 3G is now working.

Now, for all those who were wondering, yes, I use a CDMA phone, but currently, I use a SIM card where i live. i'm now able to surf the internet without any problem just that... I can't add any google account to google servers. I've tried everything, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me? (Blazn 2.2.2)
Old 03-15-2011, 01:51 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gueyenono View Post
Sorry for not revisiting the thread for a long time. I actually was very busy. I was able to set my APN manually but I had to do it fast before it froze. My 3G is now working.

Now, for all those who were wondering, yes, I use a CDMA phone, but currently, I use a SIM card where i live. i'm now able to surf the internet without any problem just that... I can't add any google account to google servers. I've tried everything, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me? (Blazn 2.2.2)
If you have a problem with a particular build, it's best to post in that build's thread.

I think you have already done this, so I guess I should ask is this the only build you have this problem with?
Old 03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

gueyenono is a n00b

Quote:
If you have a problem with a particular build, it's best to post in that build's thread.

I think you have already done this, so I guess I should ask is this the only build you have this problem with?
Alright, it's noted. I have already posted it on the build's wall as you said and I have not tried any other build actually. Blazn 2.2.2 is the first build I have ever tried. Do you think I should install frx05 instead?

Thanks arrrghhh.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gueyenono View Post
Alright, it's noted. I have already posted it on the build's wall as you said and I have not tried any other build actually. Blazn 2.2.2 is the first build I have ever tried. Do you think I should install frx05 instead?

Thanks arrrghhh.
Certainly can't hurt - using the rel_path statement in your startup.txt allows you to have many builds on your SD card at once (assuming you have the room ).
Old 03-16-2011, 02:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

gueyenono is a n00b

Quote:
Certainly can't hurt - using the rel_path statement in your startup.txt allows you to have many builds on your SD card at once (assuming you have the room ).
Thank you very much, arrrghh.
I'll try it right away.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Try to use command
Quote:
adb shell killall pppd
, does Android freezing this time.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:28 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

gueyenono is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Try to use command , does Android freezing this time.
Thanks for the command, muziling. I don't know if you read one of my previous posts but I said that I don't have the problem anymore with Android freezing anytime I try to set the APN so far as I can do it as fast as I can.

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2