PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 07:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppcgeeks
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gueyenono is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Android freezing anytime trying to set APN

Hey guys,

I don't why, but anytime I'm trying to do the APN settings on my Touch Pro2 under Android, it freezes. Anybody knows how to solve this problem?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP
Re: Android freezing anytime trying to set APN

hmmm....What steps are you taking?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I hear if force_cdma=1, the mcc and mnc are fixed. What's wrong?
Old 03-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

so Android freezes too?? i knew it JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
so Android freezes too?? i knew it JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!!!!!!!!
CDMA as I've been told doesn't even really need/use those numbers... so why is anyone on a CDMA network trying to change them...?
Old 03-12-2011, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
APNs are only used on GSM. If you're on CDMA it's all irrelevant.

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Hello,
just check your settings, they should look like this.
Verizon 3
APN: No configuration needed
Username for APN: No configuration needed
Password for APN: No configuration needed
WAP Gateway IP: 153.114.115.100
WAP Gateway Port: 9203

I am on sprint(CDMA) and if I don't set the APN I get SOD's(not sure of the reason why)
Old 03-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
APNs are only used on GSM. If you're on CDMA it's all irrelevant.
Uh... I need something for an APN, otherwise it won't connect data at all... I get voice and sms, but no data whatsoever without at least the default APN in there...
Old 03-12-2011, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Guys, I think he's using one of tiad8's builds, probably the Froyo X Red build. For that build, 3g data is not automatically set up and you have to manually set up the APN. Not sure why tiad8 did it that way; not sure why he couldn't "automate" the setup via the apn xml file in /system/etc. Sorry don't know how to help you there; hopefully you already pulled out your SIM card. FRX05 sets up APN automatically; I believe BLAZN 2.2.2 by tiad8 also sets it up automatically (not sure about this) since it 90% frx05.

Sent from my FRX05-ized TP2

Last edited by ndno; 03-12-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
LGuys, I think he's using one of tiad8's builds, probably the Froyo X Red build. For that build, 3g data is not automatically set up and you have to manually set up the APN. Not sure why tiad8 did it that way; not sure why he couldn't "automate" the setup via the apn xml file in /system/etc. Sorry don't know how to help you there; hopefully you already pulled out your SIM card. FRX05 sets up APN automatically; I believe BLAZN 2.2.2 by tiad8 also sets it up automatically (not sure about this) since it 90% frx05.
I tried this build, because of his HQ YouTube claim.

APN is just plain missing, no clue what he did. I added it manually, just entered Android and internet for the APN settings - worked fine after I did that (and selected the APN).

Although despite all these posts, the OP has not revisited this thread .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2