PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: got a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Only reason im starting to like android is cause of all the apps and devolopment people are doing for it . feels as if winMo is a dying bread i really do love my TP2 with WinMo on it :/
Heh, WinMo has been a dying breed for a long time. Ever wonder why Android runs so much better on the TP2? Windows mobile is using code that is ages old. I'm no expert on this but I haven't noticed much changes from my old Dell Axim. If it wasn't for HTC coming out with sense, I doubt it would have gone anywhere quick. Sadly though, Sense is a just a mask and a poor performance one at that.

I'm a little surprised that NAND has the same read/write speads as SD cards. I guess I just figured it would be faster because I would assume it is on the same primary bus as the other high speed components. But then again, phones' boards must be pretty primitive compares to computers.

Note: I'm strictly speaking navigating though the device, booting, and other phone uses. Not using the phone for graphics.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Most people hate WinMo, hence the reason this Android port has gotten so far - if everyone loved WinMo, this port probably never would've happened. I don't see anyone trying to port WinMo onto their Android phones!
Probably because it is illegal. WinMo needs licenses!

Annnnd, because WinMo blows.. hah.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmethod3 View Post
Probably because it is illegal. WinMo needs licenses!

Annnnd, because WinMo blows.. hah.
So does WP7 yet that runs on the HD2.

I think it's the latter .
Old 03-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
So does WP7 yet that runs on the HD2.

I think it's the latter .
I actually wouldnt mind putting windows mobile on say an HD7 or something with a 1ghz processor . imagine the speeds . and i dont think winMo is that terrible . seriously i love my TP2 with my custom ROM .. the only thing i hate is that 1 , Skyfire stopped updating , so did touchPal , its just that no one is making programs for it anymore . im most likely leaving winMo not because i want to , but have to .

Quote:
Heh, WinMo has been a dying breed for a long time. Ever wonder why Android runs so much better on the TP2? Windows mobile is using code that is ages old. I'm no expert on this but I haven't noticed much changes from my old Dell Axim. If it wasn't for HTC coming out with sense, I doubt it would have gone anywhere quick. Sadly though, Sense is a just a mask and a poor performance one at that.

I'm a little surprised that NAND has the same read/write speads as SD cards. I guess I just figured it would be faster because I would assume it is on the same primary bus as the other high speed components. But then again, phones' boards must be pretty primitive compares to computers.

Note: I'm strictly speaking navigating though the device, booting, and other phone uses. Not using the phone for graphics.
I dont think that android runs really good on my TP2 .. lots of lag . but i do thank you for all of your work guys . the coolest thing was , today at school , my friend turned on my phone and the Dual Boot menu came up and he has the same phone and was like "wtf?" lol .

Its really cool how you guys can do this !! thanks for the continued support !!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

can anyone help me connect my TP2 while running android to my computer ?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
can anyone help me connect my TP2 while running android to my computer ?
USB mass storage doesn't work.

Please use search...

With Droid Explorer you can kinda get USB mass storage, but it's really for debugging.

Kinda funny how you threadjacked your own thread tho. Good stuff.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
USB mass storage doesn't work.

Please use search...

With Droid Explorer you can kinda get USB mass storage, but it's really for debugging.

Kinda funny how you threadjacked your own thread tho. Good stuff.
I did use the search. I got even more lost. I'm really sorry :'(

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2011, 06:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Nand is insane fast for me....

Old 03-11-2011, 06:28 AM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wow... seriously, I don't think android is for you... even if we have android running natively under Nand. You seems to love winmo so much "Emulating" android under winmo? Seriously? Really? Wow.

Sent from my FRX05-ized TP2
Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
Nand is insane fast for me....

Describe fast . Please

Sent from my BLAZN 2.2.2 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2