PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry for so many posts :/ but i have more questions

First one.

Would increasing the allocation unit size during format of the SD card increase the speed of android ?

Second.

What does a blinking green light mean when i press the power button to put it to sleep ?

Again i apologize for all the questions . i thank you all for putting up with me and please keep up the great work ! i still love winMo but having both on my phone just blows people away . so thank you everyone !!!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Sorry for so many posts :/ but i have more questions

Not sure about your first question, but are you referring to the ext2 partition?

And for the LED, orange means the CPU is doing something, green means phone is sleeping.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

[QUOTE=mangomango;2066461]Not sure about your first question, but are you referring to the ext2 partition?[QUOTE]
No in windows , when you click on format , you can set the allocation unit size .

Quote:
And for the LED, orange means the CPU is doing something, green means phone is sleeping.
This i knew .. but the second i press the sleep button .. it blinks green for a little then goes solid green .
Old 03-09-2011, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=elesbb;2066471][QUOTE=mangomango;2066461]Not sure about your first question, but are you referring to the ext2 partition?
Quote:
No in windows , when you click on format , you can set the allocation unit size .

This i knew .. but the second i press the sleep button .. it blinks green for a little then goes solid green .
That modification is specific to WisTilt2s test kernel, blinking means that it is more or less trying to go to sleep. Some situations will leave it blinking green all the time which means it's not really sleeping.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
First one.

Would increasing the allocation unit size during format of the SD card increase the speed of android ?

Second.

What does a blinking green light mean when i press the power button to put it to sleep ?

Again i apologize for all the questions . i thank you all for putting up with me and please keep up the great work ! i still love winMo but having both on my phone just blows people away . so thank you everyone !!!
Man you really gotta start reading! Though I am happy you are enjoying the Android on TP2 movement.

First question, No. Just as buying a bigger hard drive doesn't speed up a computer. If it's not the bottleneck, there will be no increase in performance.

To answer your second, the only way you should have gotten the WisTilt2 test kernel is from this thread:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...autobuild.html which clearly states your answer in the first post.

Edit: I misread your first question a little bit but the answer is the same. I'm not sure how much allocation size affects read/write speeds, but it is still not the bottleneck.

Last edited by gtmethod3; 03-09-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Threadstarter

thanks guys ! that answers my question about allocation size ! but about the green light , I do remember reading that in his thread .. but why in the other builds it went straight to green ? like what's it exactly ?

one more thing , I got a build from another site , but the camera isn't working , how can I get it working ?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
thanks guys ! that answers my question about allocation size ! but about the green light , I do remember reading that in his thread .. but why in the other builds it went straight to green ? like what's it exactly ?

one more thing , I got a build from another site , but the camera isn't working , how can I get it working ?
Just replace the zImage and modules from the camera folder from one of the builds that have it included, with the one you have in your build.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Just replace the zImage and modules from the camera folder from one of the builds that have it included, with the one you have in your build.
Thanks! I'll try that. I love you guys here. I appreciate all the help I receive!

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:

If you use of tiad8's builds from this site or the new frx05 build with the 1276 kernel, you should be able able to use the camera. I don't know where you got your build from so there's no guarantee that using a camera-capable kernel with your build means that it will work; that build has to have the working camera-related libraries in place for the camera to work. I suggest you use one of the builds on this site; if you use a build from another site (unless it's XDA), we won't be able to help you as we don't know what's in it, what it contains, etc.

Sent from my FRX05-ized TP2
Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
If you use of tiad8's builds from this site or the new frx05 build with the 1276 kernel, you should be able able to use the camera. I don't know where you got your build from so there's no guarantee that using a camera-capable kernel with your build means that it will work; that build has to have the working camera-related libraries in place for the camera to work. I suggest you use one of the builds on this site; if you use a build from another site (unless it's XDA), we won't be able to help you as we don't know what's in it, what it contains, etc.

Sent from my FRX05-ized TP2
Alright ! Thank you . Its really fast and its gingerbread v2.3.1 and I use it because its really fast . But I wasn't sureif the camera was fixable . Thank you .

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2