PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Noob to android flashing .

well i successfully got android running .. downloaded angry birds , and its EXTREMELY laggy .. any help / advice to why its so slow ? i used this build http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...le-camera.html
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
well i successfully got android running .. downloaded angry birds , and its EXTREMELY laggy .. any help / advice to why its so slow ? i used this build http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...le-camera.html
Our devices don't support OpenGLES2.0

I heard there's some "Angry Birds Lite Beta" floating around. Search for it, I can't stand the game and don't get the fascination with it .

Oh and as much as I hate the game, usually best to post complaints about a particular build in that build's thread... no need to threadjack .
Old 03-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Oh and as much as I hate the game, usually best to post complaints about a particular build in that build's thread... no need to threadjack .
Hahaha i put it in this thread considering i didnt set something up properly xP
Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

skreemer7 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
First, you must mean tiad8's threads when you said "When all the first posts say to run all the programs on the first boot, what does this exactly do?" - I certainly never put that in my post, I have no clue why that would be necessary. You'd have to ask tiad8... I don't think there's any reason to do this.

FRX04 and FRX05 are revisions of the same build - Froyo, 2.2.x...

Anything with tiad8 being the threadstarter is his own beast, and usually a hodgepodge of stuff thrown together. Again, talk to him if you want more "information" about his builds.

For your other question, I'm going to quote mankineko from a post on xda-devs as his answer is very thorough:

As always, there's the XDAndroid FAQ!
Thank you very much for this.

Last edited by skreemer7; 03-07-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Threadstarter

Alright, got another noob question. Which is the absolute latest build? Like in terms of android versions. Thanks again for putting up with my noob stupidity!

Sent from my FROYO X RED using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2011, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Alright, got another noob question. Which is the absolute latest build? Like in terms of android versions. Thanks again for putting up with my noob stupidity!

FRX05 is the most updated. Now Tiad has done tweaks to that and created his threads but as Arrrrghhhh pointed out, they are a hodgepodge of different items from multiple different sources, and along with that there are some bugs, i.e. wifi. Although they may be "faster" IMO I've had more lock ups and issues using those. I'm currently on FRX05 with wistilts test kernel and it's screams, at least as good as out TP2 underpowered processors will allow it at this time.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
FRX05 is the most updated. Now Tiad has done tweaks to that and created his threads but as Arrrrghhhh pointed out, they are a hodgepodge of different items from multiple different sources, and along with that there are some bugs, i.e. wifi. Although they may be "faster" IMO I've had more lock ups and issues using those. I'm currently on FRX05 with wistilts test kernel and it's screams, at least as good as out TP2 underpowered processors will allow it at this time.
Can you post links to the things your using? I'm all about speed!!!
I'm learning this pretty quickly. As I did with windows mobile.

Does anyone run just android on their phone and doesn't even touch windows?

Old 03-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Threadstarter

Another thing, my cousin has the epic, his has a task manager, do any of the builds for the tp2 have this

Old 03-07-2011, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Can you post links to the things your using? I'm all about speed!!!
I'm learning this pretty quickly. As I did with windows mobile.

Does anyone run just android on their phone and doesn't even touch windows?

Just go back out to the forum and look for the testing thread started by arrrghhh, he gets updates from Wistilt as wistilt is making changes to the stock kernel to fix issues. If you do use the kernel, please keep in mind it's a testing kernel and as such, it's out for us to use and report issues with it so that wistilt can see what's causing the problems. You may need to add an app and grab the logs of what caused the issue also, so just take a look at the thread and once you've read it, if you still have questions, post away.

Quote:
Another thing, my cousin has the epic, his has a task manager, do any of the builds for the tp2 have this

There are two thoughts on using a task manager, one is that they're not needed and can cause more problems than they're worth, as they can close out apps that are in the process of updating causing lags, issues, etc. These peeps typically feel that android is very capable of handling it's memory well on it own. There are others who like the task managers to be able to close down whatever apps they want. I've used advanced task manager previously and currently use tasmanager, just go into market and search for task manager and some will come up.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Just go back out to the forum and look for the testing thread started by arrrghhh, he gets updates from Wistilt as wistilt is making changes to the stock kernel to fix issues. If you do use the kernel, please keep in mind it's a testing kernel and as such, it's out for us to use and report issues with it so that wistilt can see what's causing the problems. You may need to add an app and grab the logs of what caused the issue also, so just take a look at the thread and once you've read it, if you still have questions, post away.

There are two thoughts on using a task manager, one is that they're not needed and can cause more problems than they're worth, as they can close out apps that are in the process of updating causing lags, issues, etc. These peeps typically feel that android is very capable of handling it's memory well on it own. There are others who like the task managers to be able to close down whatever apps they want. I've used advanced task manager previously and currently use tasmanager, just go into market and search for task manager and some will come up.
Yep thanks so much , got a sweet app to kill the running programs . i am wondering how i overclock now . i found this acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 but when i run haret.exe it says its an invalid or unrecognized command . what am i doing wrong ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2