PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 09:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FRX04 Fix: Improved app compatibility and speed via build.prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
OK, I'll tear into it in a few and see what you've got. I can't figure this issue out to save my life. Even reformatted the card. Now I'm just wondering if the /system/build.prop doesn't show the changes even if it does take. You probably don't have yours still on the card, but if anyone else does this, please go to the system folder and open build.prop. I just want to sqush this before moving on unfinished.
I actually took the build.prop from the 1st post here and embedded it into the system.ext2 so no mount is required in froyo.user.conf.

I do have a working version that uses the mount command in froyo.user.conf (build.prop not integrated into system.ext2) if you want it. Give me a second and I just attach it for you.

UPDATE: Boomisvx, see the attached zip file; it contains my andboot.frx04 folder with the files of interest (I didn't include the rest of the FRX04 as they are big and irrelevant to this discussion); this worked for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip andboot.frx04.zip (2.7 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ndno; 01-27-2011 at 09:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
OK, I'll tear into it in a few and see what you've got. I can't figure this issue out to save my life. Even reformatted the card. Now I'm just wondering if the /system/build.prop doesn't show the changes even if it does take. You probably don't have yours still on the card, but if anyone else does this, please go to the system folder and open build.prop. I just want to sqush this before moving on unfinished.
Hey I thought I would give you some feedback:

I did as in post 1: copied build.prop to root, (my install is in andboot), copied over new .conf file with mount command. Now I am in terminal emulator
cd system
cat build.prop
shows the change "=0" as desired.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
UPDATE: Boomisvx, see the attached zip file; it contains my andboot.frx04 folder with the files of interest (I didn't include the rest of the FRX04 as they are big and irrelevant to this discussion); this worked for me.
Wow, I don't even want to tell ya. ...but I will. I lost the second # example so it was commenting it out even though it was there. Tired noob apparently. Be back later to test your new build. Thanks buddy.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I have a fix for non-developers on FRX04...
Interesting find dude. Not sure if stinebd is aware of this or not, I'll mention it to him.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Desktop
Carrier: None

Snailauncher is a n00b

Excuse me but I'm a total noob at this and I can't seem to find the conf directory, I can't find a conf folder or maybe I should create one? Can anybody clarify exactly where? THX
Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
This is a very old build. You would be better off going with the FRX07.1 build.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Desktop
Carrier: None

Snailauncher is a n00b

ok and thx for replying fast

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2