PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 05:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido

evoodoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No GSM Reception

For the last week or so, I began having no reception with Android at all.
I thought it was due to a bad sim card, but my situation hasn't changed with a new sim.
Anyone else having this type of problem.
I'm using a fido sim on a verizon phone.
(I think the issue began after trying to get market access)
Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

evoodoo is a n00b
Re: No GSM Reception

And now it won't boot into android, could be a separate bug.
It just freezes as soon as haret stops loading.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

evoodoo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoodoo View Post
And now it won't boot into android, could be a separate bug.
It just freezes as soon as haret stops loading.
Going to modify the startup text file, see if that'll get android booting again.
Hopefully, the GSM reception will just resolve.
Any settings people can suggest?
I'm going to follow the startup listed at the end of Reefer's FAQ
Old 09-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Sorry didn't see this thread... So you're on GSM - is the force_cdma command enabled? Are you using the CAB and/or MGJDroidUtil? Because that app has been known to cause corruption to the startup.txt, which could explain your issues.

Is your phone pure GSM?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Sorry didn't see this thread... So you're on GSM - is the force_cdma command enabled? Are you using the CAB and/or MGJDroidUtil? Because that app has been known to cause corruption to the startup.txt, which could explain your issues.

Is your phone pure GSM?
He's on a Verizon RHOD500 which is CDMA. Just make sure overclocking is turned off before running Haret, and double check the Startup.txt to ensure there are not two force_cdma options in there. The latest BLAZN already has force_cmda in the startup.txt, and if you use the MGJ launch utility, it will add it a second time
Old 09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Ha, you must know him or something... because he keeps mentioning GSM everywhere
Old 09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I'm using a fido sim on a verizon phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Ha, you must know him or something... because he keeps mentioning GSM everywhere
Nah, he just said using a fido SIM on a Verizon phone. I've got the VZW TP2 and the AT&T Tilt 2 (only for testing/development), but I've never tried going GSM on my VZW phone.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Nah, he just said using a fido SIM on a Verizon phone. I've got the VZW TP2 and the AT&T Tilt 2 (only for testing/development), but I've never tried going GSM on my VZW phone.
D'oh, I missed that entirely. How the heck does that even work? VZ is a CDMA provider...
Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

evoodoo is a n00b

The VZW TP2 has a sim card slot as well.
It is meant for roaming.

I appreciate the insight.
I do use the blazn version, so perhaps it is automatically putting me into CDMA instead of GSM, hence the no reception.

As for the android not booting anymore ( instead it hangs after haret reaches 100% - a problem mentioned here as well: [3D][17/09/10]XDAndroid - Topaz [2.2][FRX01 Final] - Page 482 - xda-developers ), I will try different kernels. Perhaps the one I was using was faulty. I currently use the cab version to install the software.

Evoodoo
Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
The VZW TP2 has a sim card slot as well.
It is meant for roaming.

I appreciate the insight.
I do use the blazn version, so perhaps it is automatically putting me into CDMA instead of GSM, hence the no reception.

As for the android not booting anymore ( instead it hangs after haret reaches 100% - a problem mentioned here as well: [3D][17/09/10]XDAndroid - Topaz [2.2][FRX01 Final] - Page 482 - xda-developers ), I will try different kernels. Perhaps the one I was using was faulty. I currently use the cab version to install the software.

Evoodoo
Yeah, I'd clear the whole thing off and reload from the RAR version. For your startup.txt, make sure it has force_cdma=0 and not 1. Also, while you are booting with Haret, does it say anything about GSM Phone Found and then later CDMA Phone found? I'm curious how that works with a SIM card if it registers as CDMA at the end

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2