PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What would you like fixed the most?
Camera 57 36.77%
BT 27 17.42%
OPENGLES 40 25.81%
Battery Meter 64 41.29%
Speed 21 13.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 10:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Grogck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Next for Android on TP2

Power management would definitely be the highest priority for me. I'm fortunate in that I can keep my phone docked most of the day so I run Android probably 75% of the time now. However, there's no way I could use it all day if I wasn't constantly plugged in. (and I'm assuming keyboard backlighting would also be a function of this?)

After that I'd probably say camera for the vast majority of folks. It's not something most people use a lot but it's really notable when you need it and it's not there. Sounds like you're getting fairly close here though.

For us CDMA users a more thorough solution to the headphone jack would be particularly nice. However, for those of us on Sprint with the TP2 I'd imagine a pretty sizable percentage are on SERO and now licking their chops waiting for 10/1 to roll around. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to jump immediately or maybe wait it out with my TP2 for a little while longer to see what the holiday season brings. Either way, I'm holding on to my TP2 though so I'll definitely continue to follow its Android development.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

Gilliland is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogck View Post
However, for those of us on Sprint with the TP2 I'd imagine a pretty sizable percentage are on SERO and now licking their chops waiting for 10/1 to roll around. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to jump immediately or maybe wait it out with my TP2 for a little while longer to see what the holiday season brings. Either way, I'm holding on to my TP2 though so I'll definitely continue to follow its Android development.
Why? What's happening at Sprint/SERO for October 1st? I guess I'm out of the loop.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Grogck is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
Why? What's happening at Sprint/SERO for October 1st? I guess I'm out of the loop.
On 10/1 SERO users will finally be eligible to upgrade to Android/WebOS/etc devices. They're going to call it SERO Premium and you will have to pay a bit extra per month depending on the type of device you buy. $10 extra per month for entry/mid-level non-4G devices like Pre, Hero, etc. Another $10 extra per month on top of that if you get one of the high-end 4G devices (Epic/Evo.)

You don't HAVE to upgrade obviously. But they're finally offering a decent middleground upgrade path for those of on SERO who would otherwise cling to our cheap plans for dear life rather than nearly triple our monthly bill.

Last edited by Grogck; 09-21-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Overmann is just getting started
Exclamation Re: Next for Android on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
OpenGL - i tried for about a month and im stuck at the same place. We arent getting any interrupts which is needed for the 3d to actually work.
Tried spamming interrupts to get it to go?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogck View Post
However, for those of us on Sprint with the TP2 I'd imagine a pretty sizable percentage are on SERO and now licking their chops waiting for 10/1 to roll around.
8 days. Not that I'm counting. Oh wait, yes I am. "DaysUntil Widget" in the market.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I would totally wait I had sero. After all this time whats another month or 2 to see what is coming out? Maybe someone will port 7 to you guys.

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2