PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What would you like fixed the most?
Camera 57 36.77%
BT 27 17.42%
OPENGLES 40 25.81%
Battery Meter 64 41.29%
Speed 21 13.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Next for Android on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeXeD View Post
Funny how this seems like the biggest whine in the entire thread.. whining about a person who really wasn't whining.. just stating fact. EVERYONE has the right to complain. It's a forum where people can come and express these things. He wasn't attacking the devs at all.. so why getting your panties in a wad?
It's all perception. I perceived him to be whining about battery, and you perceived me to be whining about him. I wasn't whining, just telling him to STFU unless he has some fixes that can be pushed.

Besides, you just look like another nobody who hasn't contributed anything. Meaning what you have to say, really doesn't matter to me. Not that I like being perceived as a whiner, but from you... it's pretty meaningless.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

ok .. you guys just flooding this post now. To help end this pissing contest, this is how it actually works.

We work on whatever we can work on. Every part of the system has already been looked into but either we didnt have enough information at the time or we simply failed so we move on to the next broken piece. So even if everyone wants camera, that hurdle that stopped us in the past will stop us again unless we figure out something new.

Also here is the status on whats going on with what everyone wants.

BT - probably last on the list right now since we have bigger issues
OpenGL - i tried for about a month and im stuck at the same place. We arent getting any interrupts which is needed for the 3d to actually work.
Camera - There is some work being done right now. Android itself is ready but the kernel part is still missing. Memory issues appear to the be root cause.
Battery Meter - Topaz devs made a new battery algorithm. I have the source once i can confirm with our values from the wince drvs are the same, then we can probably test.
Speed: ?? we are running debug kernels so id wait on this until the end.

No one mentioned power management ? Thats probably more important that some of the stuff above.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

How about a working Build.prop Fingerprint?

Battery/Power management to me go hand in hand.

I think that should be a priority but as you said whatever is able to get working.

Last edited by coolsilver; 09-17-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Thanks for that post [ACL].

Hopefully people will start to understand that you guys are aware of the issues... I think there is some confusion that the devs don't know what's not working, when in reality 99.9999% you guys are fully aware of, you just don't know how to fix 'em. Keep up the good work, and ignore the haters.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

Gilliland is just getting started

The one item that I consider most important isn't listed in the poll here - the headphone jack. When I get into the car, the first thing I do is to plug the phone audio into the aux input on my car radio - for both music and calls. Obviously, I can't do that with Android at present. Am I in the minority in finding that to be a show stopper?

Though this is my first week trying Android on my TP2, I've been following this project with great interest from the start. I'm very impressed with the work being done here.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
The one item that I consider most important isn't listed in the poll here - the headphone jack. When I get into the car, the first thing I do is to plug the phone audio into the aux input on my car radio - for both music and calls. Obviously, I can't do that with Android at present. Am I in the minority in finding that to be a show stopper?

Though this is my first week trying Android on my TP2, I've been following this project with great interest from the start. I'm very impressed with the work being done here.
I've heard a couple of fixes that I'm going to test today. The first is a modification to the startup.txt, and the second involves plugging into the headphone jack while in WinMo, call voicemail, then boot Android while the call is running.

I'll let you know how they both work. I've heard the startup.txt method does not work, but it'd be nice if it did
Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

Gilliland is just getting started

Yes, I've heard about both of those. I put "snd.force_headset=2" into my startup file, but it didn't make the headset work (though it DID prevent the speaker from working ). As for activating the headset in WinMo, that might work, but it's hardly a fix. And once you boot into Android in that mode, then the headset is the ONLY thing that will work. So it's not much of a workaround.

Anyway, good luck. Let me know if you come up with anything.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
Yes, I've heard about both of those. I put "snd.force_headset=2" into my startup file, but it didn't make the headset work (though it DID prevent the speaker from working ). As for activating the headset in WinMo, that might work, but it's hardly a fix. And once you boot into Android in that mode, then the headset is the ONLY thing that will work. So it's not much of a workaround.

Anyway, good luck. Let me know if you come up with anything.
So yes, it does break the speakerphone... and basically you have to do both. Put that snd.force statement in your startup, and boot Android with a call to VM going & a set of headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack. I now get audio thru the headphones... and only thru the headphones.

I guess I should've seen what happened on a call, if any sound would play thru either speaker... Haha testing that now.

I'll admit, not the best solution, but a workaround is a workaround... it does come with the risk of breaking other functionality

Bah, it completely borks sound for anything but the 3.5mm headphone jack... I even get that odd staticy feedback from the speaker when stuff is playing thru the headphones...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 09-20-2010 at 01:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

astarbllr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
So yes, it does break the speakerphone... and basically you have to do both. Put that snd.force statement in your startup, and boot Android with a call to VM going & a set of headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack. I now get audio thru the headphones... and only thru the headphones.

I guess I should've seen what happened on a call, if any sound would play thru either speaker... Haha testing that now.

I'll admit, not the best solution, but a workaround is a workaround... it does come with the risk of breaking other functionality

Bah, it completely borks sound for anything but the 3.5mm headphone jack... I even get that odd staticy feedback from the speaker when stuff is playing thru the headphones...
Thanks for trying that out. I know that we might not be high on the dev's priority list, because Sprint's the only one that has the headphone jack.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

MrPib is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarbllr View Post
Thanks for trying that out. I know that we might not be high on the dev's priority list, because Sprint's the only one that has the headphone jack.
Why do you Sprint types always forget us Verizon users? C'mon -- we're CDMA cousins!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2