PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

dialect129 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dont overclock android

Ok well some of you might surely say "F U you bastard over-clocking is the best" ok "WEll". Android on the TP2 isnt stable yet and everything isnt working but i have messed with the start up txt in the boot files and im not having the same issues as i was while it was over clocked.

Example :
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz

set cmdline "lcd.density=210 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 rel_path=andboot hw3d.force=0 htc_battery_smem.fake=1 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=540672 physkeyboard=rhod500 htc_hw.force_cdma=1 "

Boot

(Notice lcd density is "210" this helped the quality of the os for me i like it better anyways) but i took the overclock off and i dont have that annoying orange or green light always on it charges just fine and hasnt restarted on me once all day .

When i overclocked it restarted on me numerous times so i took it off!

so far so good
just need camera and mms to work so i can send my catch a predator style pictures to my wife lol <joking
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work
Re: Dont overclock android

So basically you have a chip that doesn't support overclocking. That doesn't mean no one else should do it. Every chip is different: some can support 2-300 MHz overclocks, some can't. It's trial-and-error with overclocking.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
So basically you have a chip that doesn't support overclocking. That doesn't mean no one else should do it. Every chip is different: some can support 2-300 MHz overclocks, some can't. It's trial-and-error with overclocking.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialect129 View Post
Android on the TP2 isnt stable yet
whats not stable?? theres things missing(BT,Cam,MMS) but that has nothing to do with stability... i almost never have any crash errors from a widget or anything.. Xandroid runs strong as hell on my TP2.. and PLENTY of people are overclocking Android, and been doing it since B4 you could do it to a TP2...

so maybe YOU just messed up!
Old 09-05-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i didnt say anything is wrong with it but whats so stable about having features that dont work properly? thats not stable in my book.im loving android for what it is it was simply stating everything not working right and ""UM" " not all apps work properly bump doesnt work at all! <thats not what i call stable...if thats what u call stable i got a car with no engine to sell you...and it works great!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708

Please state what was wrong with it, and was fixed when stopped overclocking.

I don't think you know what stability is. You know this is still in development so eveything iisn't going to work 100% and there will be bugs?
Old 09-05-2010, 04:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialect129 View Post
i didnt say anything is wrong with it but whats so stable about having features that dont work properly? thats not stable in my book.im loving android for what it is it was simply stating everything not working right and ""UM" " not all apps work properly bump doesnt work at all! <thats not what i call stable...if thats what u call stable i got a car with no engine to sell you...and it works great!
There is nothing wrong with sharing your experiences, but the title of this thread can be better put...it's quite misleading.

Stability has a definition of itself...I don't think we can simply pick out what we don't like and call the system unstable. If that's so, I guess a stable ROM is nonexistent. The whole project is still in development...it's lacking certain features, but in general it is quite stable for me. (Again, I know it's lacking some features)

Last edited by danny6514; 09-05-2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bit1 is becoming a great contributor

I decided to try this not overclocking thing. though like everyone else it sounded crazy to me. I have to say it has improved the stability of Android for me. I don't much see any difference in the performance
With Beautiful widgets they kept crashing, they no longer do
My phone would reset itself if I kept it on my charger too long, I just woke up and it's been on the charger all night and it's cool and fine.
I have not had an error with any program and had to force close it in the last 24 hours.
My battery life of of course appears to have greatly improved as well as the phone appears cooler.

I want to be clear that I do not condone not pushing all devices to the point of meltdown but I see a lot of posts where people are frustrated with random resets, etc. Try running at stock, I could actually use this daily now.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bit1 View Post
I decided to try this not overclocking thing. though like everyone else it sounded crazy to me. I have to say it has improved the stability of Android for me. I don't much see any difference in the performance
With Beautiful widgets they kept crashing, they no longer do
My phone would reset itself if I kept it on my charger too long, I just woke up and it's been on the charger all night and it's cool and fine.
I have not had an error with any program and had to force close it in the last 24 hours.
My battery life of of course appears to have greatly improved as well as the phone appears cooler.

I want to be clear that I do not condone not pushing all devices to the point of meltdown but I see a lot of posts where people are frustrated with random resets, etc. Try running at stock, I could actually use this daily now.
exactly what the hell is was saying but i get bashed for it...i stated it wasnt stable for me and anybody else that had random resets...thats all it was a post ment for people that may not know that overclocking may be messing up there android experience.....
Old 09-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Please stop making multiple threads for the SAME questions/suggestions...
Dont overclock android
240 resolution Vs 210
Blazen Overclock

Last edited by one80oneday; 09-06-2010 at 12:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

hmm for mine it seems to run the same but overclocking seemed to make it restart so much

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2