PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Get some logs please. I am able to flip between CDMA and GSM no problem - I have a SIM card, but it's just a blank card if you will... I wouldn't be able to get service using it (so probably not the best test...)
Which logs would you like and what conditions would you want? Like start capture just before trying to swap till reboot? Or create brand new data.img and do it that way? Just want to get useful information for you without trying multiple times

Sent from my TP2 Android using PPCGeeks app
Old 07-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Workarounds/known issues 7/22: Updated for FRX07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmz View Post
Which logs would you like and what conditions would you want? Like start capture just before trying to swap till reboot? Or create brand new data.img and do it that way? Just want to get useful information for you without trying multiple times

Well dmesg and logcat at the very least. Radio logcat would probably be useful as well..

The best way would probably be to reboot, and first thing after the system comes up, plug in usb and get all three logs running at the same time. Then recreate the error and *hopefully* the logs will enlighten on what is the problem.

Can you also try the usual crap - update your rootfs/kernel, try a new data.img, etc... I'm not sure what would effect this, but I don't think too many people are going to use this feature.

I was thinking about snagging one of my friend's SIM cards that is on GSM, but then I would have to unlock my SIM slot... hum, crap.

Oh, and be prepared to run this multiple times. Troubleshooting isn't easy, especially when reboots to WinMo are involved (which usually indicates a kernel panic...)
Old 07-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Well dmesg and logcat at the very least. Radio logcat would probably be useful as well..

The best way would probably be to reboot, and first thing after the system comes up, plug in usb and get all three logs running at the same time. Then recreate the error and *hopefully* the logs will enlighten on what is the problem.

Can you also try the usual crap - update your rootfs/kernel, try a new data.img, etc... I'm not sure what would effect this, but I don't think too many people are going to use this feature.

I was thinking about snagging one of my friend's SIM cards that is on GSM, but then I would have to unlock my SIM slot... hum, crap.

Oh, and be prepared to run this multiple times. Troubleshooting isn't easy, especially when reboots to WinMo are involved (which usually indicates a kernel panic...)
Not a problem about the multiple times. I'm all for testing and troubleshooting to fix anything. Just dunno what to look at in android. Still learning to read this code. I know how to pull individual logs but how do I get all three at once?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software

Oh yeah just for the record it works in wm so I don't think it is a hardware issue.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software

Forget it. I tried all day today and then as I try to get the log stuff it works magically. I didn't change a single thing. FML....lol

Thanks for the pending help though
Old 07-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmz View Post
Forget it. I tried all day today and then as I try to get the log stuff it works magically. I didn't change a single thing. FML....lol

Thanks for the pending help though
LOL!

Sorry dude. I had a lot of mysterious sudden reboots to WinMo (even when the phone was doing basically "nothing") at the beginning of using FRX07. I coughed up some ramconsole logs from the reboots and had the experts look 'em over and... nothing conclusive. So, I kinda just rode them out and for whatever reason they haven't been happening to me at all any more. I wish I knew what was causing them, but seemingly after a few days of usage, the phone is fine... Maddening.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software

Yeah it was weird. Now when I switch back to wcdma mode the radio pretty much stays in airplane mode but a reboot fixes that and brings wcdma mode back. But it changes and that's what I care about. I don't switch very often so a reboot is just fine. Now off to work on bringing sense...

Sent from my TP2 Android custom image using PPCGeeks app
Old 07-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (rhodium 500)

pmcolman is a n00b
Question Re: Workarounds/known issues 7/22: Updated for FRX07

Quote:
LOL!

Sorry dude. I had a lot of mysterious sudden reboots to WinMo (even when the phone was doing basically "nothing") at the beginning of using FRX07. I coughed up some ramconsole logs from the reboots and had the experts look 'em over and... nothing conclusive. So, I kinda just rode them out and for whatever reason they haven't been happening to me at all any more. I wish I knew what was causing them, but seemingly after a few days of usage, the phone is fine... Maddening.
The same thing happened to me just after installing FRX07, but by contrast, I did nothing with logs (I don't even know how to) ... but mine has slowed down to a very sparse unexpected reboot from XDA to WINMO.

Paul

Paul M. Colman, President
FunStuff Software
703-725-8827
Old 07-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (rhodium 500)

pmcolman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post

• Bluetooth is working except for audio, but there are experimental patches that enable audio.
Did these changes make it into FRX07, or are they still separate?

(I've read so many puzzling messages on this now that I am really lost.)

Paul
Old 07-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcolman View Post
Did these changes make it into FRX07, or are they still separate?

(I've read so many puzzling messages on this now that I am really lost.)

Paul
Yeah, everything except audio should be working for Bluetooth in FRX07.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2