PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
Setup your sd card just like you were going to run reefermattness' android bundles. Then flash like you would any winmo rom.
with just the nbh file??..or i need more files??

Last edited by damage_them; 09-03-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
danny, read the first post, I have all that in there already. As for the sleep of death, have you tried deleting the data.img and cache folder? Do you shut down your phone properly or just take the battery out?
Hi wozzer, my comment was in regards to "test it for me" rather than not reading the first post because I read every word of it.

I shut my phone down holding the end button till the window pops up.

I'll try to test more of the sod problem when I get the chance to because I had to flash my phone back to Windows for daytime use.

Anyways, thanks for the awesome work! keep it up
Old 09-03-2010, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
1. Download the android files from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400
2. Extract the file and put the folder ANDBOOT in the root of your SD card like normal.
3. For Wifi to work, download the module file in the first post and copy the file as is to your ANDBOOT folder (without extracting it).
4. Copy the RUU file u downloaded (from a selection of RHOD400,RHOD500,tilt2,etc....in the first post) into a customRUU to flash your phone (just like how you flash a custom rom)

Incase you don't have a customRUU: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492930

Last edited by danny6514; 09-03-2010 at 10:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jeneric is a n00b

Quote:
I renamed the file to RHODIMG.nbh and put it in the root of my sd card. Then I rebooted and held down the vol button to get to the bootloader. It automatically saw the file and loaded it. If you have any questions here is a general thread about flashing a rom from the sd card.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=flash+nbh
Old 09-03-2010, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny6514 View Post
Hi wozzer, my comment was in regards to "test it for me" rather than not reading the first post because I read every word of it.

I shut my phone down holding the end button till the window pops up.

I'll try to test more of the sod problem when I get the chance to because I had to flash my phone back to Windows for daytime use.

Anyways, thanks for the awesome work! keep it up
I get a SoD every once and a while, but it shouldn't happen that often. What class sd card are you using?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny6514 View Post
1. Download the android files from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400
2. Extract the file and put the folder ANDBOOT in the root of your SD card like normal.
3. For Wifi to work, download the module file in the first post and copy the file as is to your ANDBOOT folder (without extracting it).
4. Copy the RUU file u downloaded (from a selection of RHOD400,RHOD500,tilt2,etc....in the first post) into a customRUU to flash your phone (just like how you flash a custom rom)

Incase you don't have a customRUU: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492930
ahhh!!! thanks..i know i was missing something! i copied that already also..i will try now
Old 09-04-2010, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeneric View Post
I renamed the file to RHODIMG.nbh and put it in the root of my sd card. Then I rebooted and held down the vol button to get to the bootloader. It automatically saw the file and loaded it. If you have any questions here is a general thread about flashing a rom from the sd card.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=flash+nbh
iight mehn thanks
Old 09-04-2010, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I get a SoD every once and a while, but it shouldn't happen that often. What class sd card are you using?
4GB class 4
Old 09-04-2010, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hey mehn!! flash was successful!! thanks you guys..i was a little rusty on flashing being that i gave up on windows..question though..do i loose everything from windows?? and this sure hella moves fast..cant wait till its complete!! im loving this!!

Last edited by damage_them; 09-04-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

Quote:
hey mehn!! flash was successful!! thanks you guys..i was a little rusty on flashing being that i gave up on windows..question though..do i loose everything from windows?? and this sure hella moves fast..cant wait till its complete!! im loving this!!
Yes, the point of this is completely wipe windows from the phone. This includes all data. At some point we would like to use the internal storage to install android to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2