PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!/Test 7: Single NBH/Serialno/tilt2 fix

While the kernel experts work on their kernel stuff, I'm working on getting android installed on nand right now. I've made some progress, just trying to fix some stuff up. I'm testing with an installandroid.tgz method right now. Once I get my head wrapped around all of this, I'll make it work with system.ext2(sqsh), since that's what the official ASOP uses.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work

okay..any way you can take like 5min to clean up the firist post...i dont know what i need to download and yes i know its not on the nand....thanks for all the work wozzer999

Last edited by lioncat55; 09-18-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

I'll clean up the first post when I do my next update (maybe)
Old 09-18-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
I'll clean up the first post when I do my next update (maybe)
you are just being evil to me...=P i know you have it out for me....what do i have to do to get the nand working...still dont know what to down load
Old 09-18-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Code:
This is not a compact windows, this will allow your rhod to boot  directly into android.  You flash this like you would any normal windows  flash.  Setup is the same as reefermattness's builds that go in  /andboot (on your sd card).  The startup.txt  file does not do anything  with this, so any changes to it are useless.  I will update with a  longer, more detailed post in the next few days.
Code:
Test 7: single nbh (use included modules)

All RHODS  need data from RHOD100 variants.
Code:
For wifi to work, you must download the updated modules file everytime there is a new test.
Code:
Download your correct nbh, and place the modules file in andboot of the  sd card. The zip's will have your ruu_signed.nbh file in it.
Test 7 takes care of correct nbh
Old 09-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioncat55 View Post
you are just being evil to me...=P i know you have it out for me....what do i have to do to get the nand working...still dont know what to down load
Dude, back off seriously. Did you read my post? This is still very experimental. So the directions aren't going to be n00b friendly... No offense, but seriously if you're not sure what to do then you'll just have to stick with the haret builds and wait until this has been tested more thoroughly & is ready for general consumption.

Besides, you just said you know that this isn't a true NAND install in its current available form... So why even ask what you have to do to get the NAND working?!?

Honestly you should just stick with the haret builds until this gets better. When it's ready, then it'll be a lot easier and make a lot more sense. Heck, I tried jumping into Android real early in the development when it wouldn't even boot... It was frustrating, but you can't expect these guys to just lay it all out when they're not quite sure yet. Wait for us to test it more!!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

not really a noob...my only confusid on what to download...i know how to works alot of thins..work on computers for a living.......lat thing are the modules on the first post all ways uptodate

Last edited by lioncat55; 09-18-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

the modules are included in test 7. Put those in andboot

BTW, I've seen a few people who "worked on computers for a living"... and most of them I've told them to box up their phone and send it back to their provider. So that doesn't really mean much.

Last edited by WoZZeR999; 09-18-2010 at 05:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/20.2463; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999
the modules are included in test 7. Put those in andboot

BTW, I've seen a few people who "worked on computers for a living"... and most of them I've told them to box up their phone and send it back to their provider. So that doesn't really mean much.
ROFL. So true. Have my Masters in CS, and you wouldn't believe how little a couple of my classmates knew. I loved my bachelor's program because it required higher levels of English, communication, and business classes.

If he had bothered to actually read the first post for content, he would know what to do. My wife who doesn't know the first thing about computers was able to figure it out on her ROHD500...
Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Yea seriously. I work on Cisco crap for a living, and when I started in PC support, most of our developers (whether it was mainframe, Java, Windows...) didn't know diddly squat about their computers. All just seemed like smoke & mirrors to them. Now granted not all were complete morons about how computers work, but a surprising number of them were/are...

Can't wait for what's next Wozz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2