PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: t-mobile

tutkal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I may have found out why Andriod suks the living daylights out of the battery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzo7 View Post
Good evening gents!

I think I can shed some light on why the device is capable of outputting 5v.

Accessories, more worryingly, accessories that dont work now. I'm speaking of the video-out cable. I'm quite sure that when that thing works under winmo, a lot of extra power is consumed to generate a proper image, output it to the port and maybe even require some active components in the cable (afaik it's always got a little box) to get the signal up to spec. That would explain the 5v and the battery drain, even though there's nothing coming out, thats no proof that that part of the controller isn't active and waiting for data-food.

Much love, the scuzzer, who has registered just for this post
Actually the devices can charge over the video-out cable:

Quote:
"
This TV out cable allows you to watch video, stream media or view documents on a TV from your HTC device. The cables export the video signal through RGB standard output while continuously charging the battery."
Old 08-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: I may have found out why Andriod suks the living daylights out of the battery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrogers1 View Post
Why waste your time making a video.... if someone has a TP2 they should have the charger with back-lit HTC logo, right, everyone has one of those. If someone doesn't understand what is going on, they just need to run Android and plug the phone into a wall charger without plugging the charger into the wall.

I'm confused as to why people don't understand what you are saying.
This is an interesting observation. hopefully it something that can be worked out.

Some people need things to be explained cuz they do not like to think that hard for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
WHAT A TRIP... that is FUNNY! but also serious... thats a total drain on power (ever done tethering with USB charging off... a good example as well of the energy being consumed by the speed the battery dies)

Hopefully I can make this simple for those still confused, but it only works if you have the HTC charger that has the backlit HTC logo built into the charger!!!:

1: Take HTC Charger in one hand
2: TP2 with Android running in the other
3: Plug in the USB charging/data cable between the 2 *
4: Notice the HTC backlit logo being lit up
5: Realize that the charger isnt plugged into the wall, BUT the logo is STILL LIT UP!!!**

This most definitely could cause a few things: Inability/problems to charging, Inability to exchange data (whats that jim? data is power!? -google it), and of course, Terrible Battery life!!!

*No, you dont have to set one down to do this unless you have really small hands... or are terrible with your hands... in which case why do you have a TP2 with the keyboard for your terrible hands... (coordination anyone?)
**IE power is flowing from the TP2 to the Charger (Phone ---> Charger) instead of the way its supposed to go, which is from the Charger TO the TP2 (Phone <--- Charger)...

If that doesn't help the confusion... then i guess a video with extra... "special" care taken to "explain" is needed... or a bat...
Well said Kane!!!=D> That definately puts it into laymens terms.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 1/2, 6800, 6700, Palm 650, Moto Q, Krzr
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

robertkmagill is keeping up the good workrobertkmagill is keeping up the good workrobertkmagill is keeping up the good work

I especially like the explanation option with the bat.....
Old 08-17-2010, 08:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hoihtah is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
well if what being said is true could this also possibly be why the sound isnt working? the phone thinking something is there that isnt like a usb audio cable?????
If this is the cause of our TP2's inability to let out sound... I'd be amazed.
But having said that, I'll go home and try out few usb-audio cables to see if anything registers.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:04 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoihtah View Post
If this is the cause of our TP2's inability to let out sound... I'd be amazed.
But having said that, I'll go home and try out few usb-audio cables to see if anything registers.

I think you misunderstood me, im saying that the phone thinks something is there when really there isnt

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 08-17-2010, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

Might I ask again....

Isn't the battery meter based off power consumption as in terms of mA or something similar?

This could be messing with it as well.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, i760, i760
Carrier: verizon

byrnsey88 is a n00b

I actually noticed this weeks ago when I used a USB hub to charge multiple devices and saw that the Hub still was lit up and it wasn't plugged in just the touch pro 2 to it. Didn't think anything of it.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

I didn't ask for a vid or anything, but my TP2 never came with the HTC backlight on the charger My TP did, but not the Hero or TP2 lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2