PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

hansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wifi router or USB tethering please

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Right THANKS! But, back to my Q (for my own trouble shooting) Just to be clear..
1. You were able to see the wifi from the phone PRIOR to doing all your disables?
2. "support Ad-Hoc mode? There is no AP mode with the posted apk" I'm using my phone as both! It becomes an AP.. Hotspot, etc..
Is that what you mean?

re. testing wifi? ALL i use is wifi, prob not an issue, which piece are you suggesting???

*edit* on #1 above, when phone becomes a wifi router, were you able to see it as a wifi hotspot on your laptop?
I was able to see my phone's Wifi from my laptop. That's why I was able to tether.

Just in case, I have attached apk file I am using.
Attached Files
File Type: apk xdandroid-tether[1].apk (328.4 KB, 51 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:25 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansk75 View Post
1. Yes, I was able to before disabling everything.
2. Wifi Hotspot created by the app is on ad-hoc mode, not ap mode. This is important to me because my Kindle 3 only supports AP mode. So I can't use my phone with Kindle 3
very sorry about my wording above in post #1, on several screens & threads @ same time.. meant to say:
1. So you can see your phone AS a wifi hotspot ON your laptop..

Wowsers.. so how do you have it working then if Kindle is a problem?

re. AP mode.. sorry again, on mine I see ad hoc, WEP, WAP, etc.. AP mode is WAP? or just anything other than ad hoc?

(just hit all the your posts t-buttons)
Old 09-03-2010, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good work

Okay, I just tested with my laptop and it works just fine. I am posting this message from my laptop tethered to my TP2 on Blazin 8-30 Cab version using APK posted above.

Here is the screen shot from my laptop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tether.jpg (31.7 KB, 40 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Okay, I just tested with my laptop and it works just fine. I am posting this message from my laptop tethered to my TP2 on Blazin 8-30 Cab version using APK posted above.
Here is the screen shot from my laptop.
thanks tons for the pic & discussion... but is the pic WITH wep, wap, etc.. disabled?
*edit* of course not.. :>)) i missed the line about posting from my laptop tethered..
**spin off Q, does it still show with those modes disabled?

Is that the name it came with or did you change it (so i know what to look for)

Also, could you address my AP Q above?

Last edited by teradog; 09-03-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AP mode is infrastructure and ad-hoc is peer to peer.

As for Kindle, I can't. I am only tethering my laptop. I bought kindle with wifi only thinking I can tether to my phone when needed but overlooked the description saying it doesn't support ad-hoc mode.

I have googled last few days but it is not possible to set up our phone tethering with AP mode, it only supports ad-hoc mode.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:48 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
AP mode is infrastructure and ad-hoc is peer to peer.

As for Kindle, I can't. I am only tethering my laptop. I bought kindle with wifi only thinking I can tether to my phone when needed but overlooked the description saying it doesn't support ad-hoc mode.

I have googled last few days but it is not possible to set up our phone tethering with AP mode, it only supports ad-hoc mode.
For your issue (on XP don't know about 7), setup ICS on the PC & wire in a second device, let the PC do/be the DNS. I use to do that...

Re. AP, OK, & your laptop sees the phone droid wifi with the WEP, WAP, etc.. disabled correct?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Another screenshot from android tethering screen. Hope this clarifies any confusion

your laptop sees the phone droid wifi with the WEP, WAP, etc.. disabled correct? <- Yes if you look at the screenshot from my laptop, the icon means ad-hoc and no security ("yellow !" means no security)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot_2.jpg (70.9 KB, 39 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by hansk75; 09-03-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:56 PM
VIP Member - Retired

OK, had to use a trick i read somewhere to get the wifi working... turn it on in Windows & then boot haret.exe.
I could then turn wifi on & off...
I was then able to get this prog: http://xdandroid.southcape.org/xdandroid-tether.apk
to start without errors... (in the log)

I DL'd ALL wifi progs in market, been trying ALL of them... can't get any to work.

I've got 2 wifi's searching for wifi hotspots/routers... including ad-hoc...

Neither one shows any new Wifi connection points (android...) on any of the wifi apk's...??

THoughts? If I can get this solved.. I believe a ton of people can benefit.

If you 2 with Sprint can give me more details it would be real nice.. perhaps I need to try the Blazen package..
Old 09-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Htc Touch Pro

prsandro1 is a n00b

Friends forgive me but I am new to Android, use a TP2 Android Blz, running, but with a problem when I try a wifi network for example from home, he finds but will not connect, is falling all the time believe the connection which may be why the tether does not work for me.
Please anyone have any advice or help me?
Ps.: Ja tried and tried, and find no solution ....

Remembering to use a Sprint TP2 BLZ Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2