PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question bout .ext2

Jus a quick question, i have formatted my 2 gb card, with one partition having about 650 mb for an ext2. can i just install the froyo cab and will the contents "move" to the ext2 partition? B/c i can't see the .ext2 partition in windows when i plug the card into my computer, so how would i use the froyo.rar? ( if i wanted) . Otherwise.. whats the point of having an ext2 partion if it takes up space on the 1.2 gbs that i still have left for media ( b/c i would be unrar-ing it to the fat partition, since i cant see the .ext2 on windows)?

just some questions i havent been really able to find answers on. thanks in advance guys

EDIT: so i was able to partition it via this way...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFx2r_n96k0, off of http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=619290.. but everytime i try to plug the card into my phone it says " do you want to format this card to make it readable" and i evn tried clicking yes, but nothing happens?\

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"

Last edited by YnYng; 07-05-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Question bout .ext2

uhh bump. anyone?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 running MightyRom & Froyo
Carrier: USCellular

baadcatj is a n00b

why are you making your SD card in to .ext2 you dont need to
Old 07-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

b/c i thought with an .ext2 partition it speeds up android since that is its "native" file system (for linux) and it reads and writes faster???
Old 07-06-2010, 01:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TWO515TY is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
b/c i thought with an .ext2 partition it speeds up android since that is its "native" file system (for linux) and it reads and writes faster???
That would work if we were doing a native install to a partition on the SD card, but right now the way Android is run on the TP2, you don't need to (and shouldn't bother to) make an ext2 partition for it. Since you first have to boot Android from Windows Mobile, you have to put the related Android files on a filesystem/partition that WinMo will recognize, which is your regular FAT/FAT32 partition. I'd recommend you reformat your 2GB card as one FAT32 partition, don't bother making a separate ext2 partition yet.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO515TY View Post
That would work if we were doing a native install to a partition on the SD card, but right now the way Android is run on the TP2, you don't need to (and shouldn't bother to) make an ext2 partition for it. Since you first have to boot Android from Windows Mobile, you have to put the related Android files on a filesystem/partition that WinMo will recognize, which is your regular FAT/FAT32 partition. I'd recommend you reformat your 2GB card as one FAT32 partition, don't bother making a separate ext2 partition yet.

alittee thanks bro, winmo didnt even recognize the card anyway

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2