PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 03:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

slacksoul knows their stuffslacksoul knows their stuffslacksoul knows their stuffslacksoul knows their stuffslacksoul knows their stuffslacksoul knows their stuffslacksoul knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why sound isn't working on the TP2.

Indeed, the DSP chips have their own firmware in much the same way wifi chips do.
I suspect that you could load an alternative firmware on to the DSP that would get it to respond the way we want it to, but that's a whole other skill set that few people have, and nearly impossible without either spec sheets from Qualcomm (Which are not publicly available) or extensive reverse-engineering of the chip. Additionally, DSP's have their own language and it's a pretty specialized skill to know how to "speak" it.

An Ndiswrapper style API implementation that would allow us to load the WinCE driver into Linux is possible as well, but I feel that, without other phones that could benefit from this, it would be simpler to decompile the driver with the purpose of gleaning Rhod specific info.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

nevergonnauseth is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nevergonnauseth Send a message via Yahoo to nevergonnauseth

this question has probably a very simple answer but is there anyway to log absolutely every single process that WinMo does when it activates sound? this way we can see exactly what the process is and reverse it that way. Or is there some type of trace that is changed on the board?
Old 05-20-2010, 07:53 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

wasn't there some kind of trick to get phone working, like making a call during load?
maybe we need a different process to que up the mic and spkr so the proc isn't stuck on phone mode. (maybe why there's startup noise's during boot animation)
Old 05-20-2010, 08:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC Tmobile wing, Nokia 6265i,
Carrier: uscellular

hackbenjamin is becoming a great contributor

i am not a programmer but i ran across this recent article on the qualcomm blog perhaps it will help expedite this process
http://www.qualcomm.com/blog/2010/05...ace32-software
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackbenjamin View Post
i am not a programmer but i ran across this recent article on the qualcomm blog perhaps it will help expedite this process
Great find!
Old 05-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackbenjamin View Post
Nice find I just sent you some thanks!!!!

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RhodiumW
Carrier: sprint

ghost_deini is just getting started

the file is actually called wavedev.dll, to get yourself a copy google "topaz oemdrivers".
thank you phh!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

variance is keeping up the good workvariance is keeping up the good work

is anyone working on the android/dev project chinese? and speaks/reads/writes chinese fluently? I would imagine given that HTC is a taiwanese company. There is much more information on qualcomm's chipsets and this phone in particular on chinese forums.

additionally we could deposit all our "reward" funds into a account and outsource reverse-engineering the driver to a chinese programmer using this "craigslist/ebay"-like online outsourcing service that lets developers bid on doing your "project"

i'm trying to find the name of the site right now. but it had something where you could check the history of the developer bidding to make sure they've done good work in the past for other outsourcers.

my company has outsourced some things on there before with good results.

Last edited by variance; 05-20-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC Tmobile wing, Nokia 6265i,
Carrier: uscellular

hackbenjamin is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by variance View Post
is anyone working on the android/dev project chinese? and speaks/reads/writes chinese fluently? I would imagine given that HTC is a taiwanese company. There is much more information on qualcomm's chipsets and this phone in particular on chinese forums.

additionally we could deposit all our "reward" funds into a account and outsource reverse-engineering the driver to a chinese programmer using this "craigslist/ebay"-like online outsourcing service that lets developers bid on doing your "project"

i'm trying to find the name of the site right now. but it had something where you could check the history of the developer bidding to make sure they've done good work in the past for other outsourcers.

my company has outsourced some things on there before with good results.
http://www.getafreelancer.com may be the site ur referring to
Old 05-22-2010, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touchpro
Carrier: Verizon

kawaiius is a n00b

Wow this is pretty exciting to see more and more people start to get into this issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2