PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

gambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newtons Rings

Hey guys, wondering how many other people are experiencing Newtons Rings and whether or not it coincided with running Android. Here's a picture of Newtons Rings

I was running android with it charging and it just popped up as I was watching the screen. I'm actually pretty certain from what I've read about newton's rings that it probably isn't related to android, unless maybe it's a heat thing. However I have read a couple of people saying that it happened while they were running android as well so I thought I'd ask. My first TP2 had this happen when I kept it in my pocket, but it was bad enough that the touchscreen didn't work at all right away. When I got my new one I didn't keep it in my pocket and I didn't have a problem until now. This one isn't that bad since I can use the screen but it can definitely be seen, I'm hoping it doesn't get worse but we'll see.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:47 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Newtons Rings

I run the heck out of my TP2, about 7 hours a day in Android and the rest on Windows Mobile and throw in a charge everyday and I do not have this issue. I do have a screen protector on my TP2 and also a Seidio Innocase Surface and a Innocase holster. My TP2 does get really hot sometimes but it gets hotter in Windows than Android.

Also, one should question why your attempting to charge your phone in Android when its been talked about over and over that the charging and battery meter are flaky and still being worked on.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't think android has anything to do w/ it. I had the same problem w/ my first tp1 long before i started using the android port. insurance covered mine
Old 04-09-2010, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter

gambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
I run the heck out of my TP2, about 7 hours a day in Android and the rest on Windows Mobile and throw in a charge everyday and I do not have this issue. I do have a screen protector on my TP2 and also a Seidio Innocase Surface and a Innocase holster. My TP2 does get really hot sometimes but it gets hotter in Windows than Android.

Also, one should question why your attempting to charge your phone in Android when its been talked about over and over that the charging and battery meter are flaky and still being worked on.
This was when charging first showed up so I was testing how it worked. Anyway I'm not blaming android, I just thought it was interesting that it coincided with running it. I do know tons of people have had it happen running winmo, especially with HTC's phones.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Had it on TP1 and now on TP2. I am guessing it's just the nature of this particular type of resistive touch screen.

I deal with touchscreens daily on my day job. A lot of them are setup in hot/humid environments, but they do not seem to get newton rings. But my TP2 does. Guess that's the "quality" we get.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: RIM 9630/HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO 4G/Nexus S 4G

EvanTribley is becoming a great contributor

I would be lying if I said I didn't see this on TP1's and Diamonds but I haven't seen this on a TP2 until now.

I don't know about VZW but Sprint would most likely repair/replace your phone at no cost if you have ESRP (service&repair) on the phone.

**Any views or opinions presented in these posts are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sprint. Sprint will not accept any liability in respect to any communication from these posts.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

slag02 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanTribley View Post
I would be lying if I said I didn't see this on TP1's and Diamonds but I haven't seen this on a TP2 until now.

I don't know about VZW but Sprint would most likely repair/replace your phone at no cost if you have ESRP (service&repair) on the phone.
I had it happen to my TP1 and my TP2 -
Sprint told me too bad - its a known issue with these devices going back to the vogue (touch) and they would not replace it as functionality is not affected, they told me its annoying yes but nothing they can do- i could file insurance for the $100 deductible if i wanted - one sprint rep went so far as to tell me he could help me better if i put the phone in the microwave for a few seconds before coming back in.

I hope you fair better than I did, this TP2 is just to get me by until the EVO is out, unless XDANDROID is at 100% by that time on this device - but I know thats not a realistic expectation
Old 04-10-2010, 05:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

It happened on the tp1 also.
Faulty part basically.
If you have insurance, they should replace it for free since it's a hardware issue and not caused by you.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tekknogenius is just getting started

I've got the same issue. Went to Sprint store service center. They will replace it, but said if it happens again they won't. Initially said they said since it didn't affect phone usage they weren't going to do anything LOL. I'll pick up my replacement on Tuesday. They gave me HTC's number if it happens again... I laughed. HTC will probably just point me back to Sprint.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work

i have this too and I hate it. Takes so much off of the eyecandy factor of the phone. It has nothing to do with Android obviously.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2