PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newtons Rings

nothing to do with Android. mine has it and had it before messing with Android.

Has to do with the layers of screen (not sure of the techincal term) becoming spearated.

Can happen due to excessive pressure on the screen (mine happend when my 3yr old son decided to punch me in the pocket....and so happened my phone was in that pocket with screen facing out).

Only way to fix that I am aware of is replacing the device.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 04-11-2010, 02:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Only way to fix that I am aware of is replacing the device.
+1 unfortunately.
Unless you want to open up the device and replace the screen/digitizer.
Not sure which one of those two is where it is happening at...But there's no guarantee that the other parts in the phone wouldn't cause it to happen again. So replacing is the safest route.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This has been discussed at length, at least in the TP1 forums where I formerly hung out. The rainbow banding is caused when the digitizer separates from the other layers of the screen, it is possible to just replace the whole screen but it will void your warranty if you go the DIY route. Your best bet is to try and get Sprint to replace it, if they won't at one store, try another.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

Stuff like this makes me want to buy two of my beloved phones.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter

gambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good work

haha, thanks guys. I'm aware that it has something to do with the digitizer/screen and I thought about replacing it but at this point it's not too bad and I'm not motivated enough. As I said it happened with my first TP2 right after I got it. It happened when I sat on it and it was bad enough that the screen was completely dead. I just thought this second time was interesting because there was no pressure involved. I was literally looking at my screen laying on my desk as android booted up, and a couple seconds after it finished booting the screen magically made itself into an oily rainbow
Old 04-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

I bought the TP2 the day it came for Sprint and it happened within a month. Luckily, because it was such a new device at that time (october 09), Sprint reps simply saw and said they'll replace the device for me immediately.

They didn't bother bringing it to the back because it was too new and there were no tools to open the TP2 (supposedly, but don't you open these things up like every other HTC device?) and asked that I come back 2 days later to pick up the TP2 I have now.

This one's been running perfectly so far (though there's a very tiny crack between my "G" and "H" button, but I can't be sure)
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint 4G EVO

BLawicki is keeping up the good workBLawicki is keeping up the good work

According to our repair center...its a manufacturer's defect. Take'r in.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Got the same on my tp2.. living with it for now until I get time to flash the stock.
Had 4(four) tp1s replaced for the same issue!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/764; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Yeah, got this on my TP2 right now, planning to take it in or at least call them later today.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Doesn't bother me too much. I am holding out for Evo, may just get the TP2 exchanged before Iget an Evo.

Thing is, these rings are a ticking time bomb. They look ugly, but do not impair function. From what I understand, it's moisture between 2 layers of the screen. Something about phones heating up and poor seals on the screen.

When I got this on my TP1, I did not pay much attention. But some time later (a month or 2 I think), a spot got stuck in a middle of the ring. That produced constant "point of touch" and the phone became unusable. Had to wait for 3 days to get a replacement. Good thing I was able to dial with keyboard.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2