PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Verizon

ksaxe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: [WM App/Util] Android Launcher - Disable Auto-Backlight and Run Haret

Love the program. Very helpful. =D>

Please consider adding a command to delete all *.REC files prior to loading Haret.exe. (As you probably know these files can prevent Haret.exe from loading correctly after updating the image files.)
Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [WM App/Util] Android Launcher - Disable Auto-Backlight and Run Haret

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGabriele View Post
Great work! Thanks!

Just a thought after playing around a bit. How hard would it be to incorporate the disabling and re-enabling of the advanced power options as well (i.e., "On battery/external power: turn of backlight/device if not used for...")? Getting this functionality would be the ultimate! I noticed that without it, I couldn't get the backlight to stay off when I hit the power button. Thanks again and keep up the great work!
Should be easy enough. I'll try and do it in the next day or two, time permiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaxe View Post
Love the program. Very helpful. =D>

Please consider adding a command to delete all *.REC files prior to loading Haret.exe. (As you probably know these files can prevent Haret.exe from loading correctly after updating the image files.)
That should be doable too. Are they always created on the root of the card, or are they created in the same folder where haret is located? Scanning the whole card would cause delays. Is there any reason at all to keep the files? Are they a log file or something?

Also, would you want it to happen automatically, or would it be better to pop up a gui that lists the found files for review, and then you choose wether to delete them or not? I wouldn't want to be reponsible for people losing important files if something went wrong.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, Sprint TP mod to VZW, XV6800, Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

TGabriele is a n00b

Do you have a paypal address? I'd buy you a beer for your hard work here!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGabriele View Post
Do you have a paypal address? I'd buy you a beer for your hard work here!
I certainly appreciate the offer, but if you'd like to make a donation please direct it to our hardworking Android developers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPippy View Post
I do accept donations (and would also be very grateful for any computer engineering job leads in San Diego/SoCal), but remember there are many other people who have gotten HTC Linux to this point: phh, cr2, makkonen, dzo, and others
Thanks!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Verizon

ksaxe is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: [WM App/Util] Android Launcher - Disable Auto-Backlight and Run Haret

That should be doable too. Are they always created on the root of the card, or are they created in the same folder where haret is located? Scanning the whole card would cause delays. Is there any reason at all to keep the files? Are they a log file or something?

ALL MY *.REC FILES ARE IN THE ROOT, HOWEVER MY HARET IS IN THE ROOT. THERE IS NO REASON THAT I AM AWARE OF TO KEEP THE FILES. AS A MATTER OF FACT IF ANDROID DOES NOT BOOT SUCCESSFULLY MANUALLY DELETING THE REC FILES ALWAYS RESOLVES THE ISSUE (FOR ME) REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY TIMES I UPDATE THE BUILD.

Also, would you want it to happen automatically, or would it be better to pop up a gui that lists the found files for review, and then you choose wether to delete them or not? I wouldn't want to be reponsible for people losing important files if something went wrong.[/QUOTE]

I DON'T THINK IT WOULD BE NECESSARY TO POP UP A GUI. THESE PESKY FILES ALWAYS END IN REC WHICH DOES NOT SEEM TO INTERFERE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS.

HAVE YOU CONSIDERED ADDING THIS APP TO THE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch Pro 2 GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile

R.Hoover is a n00b

DOes This App work on a GSM TP2 . Iam Having touble . HOw About a full tutorial for us .
Old 03-31-2010, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hi everybody. I don't really have time to mess with this any more at the moment, but Reefermattness has offered to merge this with his utility (PPCGeeks thread, XDA thread), so I'd check there for any additional updates/requests/etc. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2