PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2010, 06:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[WM App/Util] Android Launcher - Disable Auto-Backlight and Run Haret

EDIT -- Hi everybody. I don't really have time to mess with this any more at the moment, but Reefermattness has offered to merge this with his utility (PPCGeeks thread, XDA thread), so I'd check there for any additional updates/requests/etc. Thanks!

I like having my backlight auto-adjust in WM, but for the time being we still have to turn that off before launching Haret in order to have backlight control in Android. So... here is a little app that does just that... disables the automatic backlight adjustment and then runs haret. Just install the cab and look for "Android Launcher" in your Start menu (you still need your own Android package on your storage card - including haret).

I made this mostly just for myself, but figured I'd share in case anyone else finds it useful. I'm by no means a developer (more of an amateur tinkerer) so I don't really intend to offer much support or additional development.

Also, I had originally intended to write another little program to run at Windows startup to re-enable auto-adjustment, but it doesn't seem to be necessary. The setting doesn't appear to stick after the system reboots. Maybe there isn't enough time before haret runs for the registry to be committed. Not really sure, but I'd be curious if anyone else's results vary.

Edit - new version configurable via the registry. Change the string value at HKLM\SOFTWARE\AndroidLauncher -- HaretLocation to reflect the location of haret on your storage card.

Edit2 - added app to re-enable the auto-adjustment on Windows startup, since the results seemed to be inconsistent. This will ensure that it is back on when Windows starts. If you've downloaded previously, you might want to update to this version.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Android Launcher.cab (31.8 KB, 222 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bedoig; 03-31-2010 at 06:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 17 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2