PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

johnpro112 is keeping up the good workjohnpro112 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So where do we go now? : Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 is now a closed thread...

Ya since Mr.pippy's thread is closed now where should we go to finding the latest information about android for the tp2. We can use the kernal site but that's just about it any ideas? 95 civic I don't think is going to continue on with the development and mr.pippy I don't see him post much soooo yea idk.... So where do we cdma touch pro 2 people go to for latest android info?
Old 03-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work
Re: So where do we go now? : Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 is now a closed threa

same here, i saw this comming, after the last few pages. hopefully MrPippy will start a new one and we can resume in a constructive way
Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

TheLastRoman is becoming a great contributor
Re: So where do we go now? : Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 is now a closed threa

To be quite honest, I'm glad it got shut down. Nothing is more disheartening than to read through page after page of the same damn questions being asked, then to top it off you have people arguing about absolutely nothing, and then after being warned, continue to act out. I read that thread every day looking for whatever I could to make my Android experience on my TP2 better. But it turned into more of the same silly questions being answered day after day after day...

Ive realized that almost every problem, question, concern, comment, and whatever i have or will experience is almost certainly been asked and answered in some shape or form somewhere.

Hopefully, this will teach people to chill the hell out, do some research for yourself, and above all else READ READ AND READ!!!!!!!! If you have a problem with something someone is doing, unless it DIRECTLY affects you in your daily routine that is life, leave it alone. You gain nothing by being confrontational in a public forum. Like the mods said, take it to PMs.

If you want to continue to follow the android development, just use the links in the first few pages of the closed thread to get the latest and greatest the devs have to offer...its what im gonna do...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

michaelagraham is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastRoman View Post
To be quite honest, I'm glad it got shut down.
Not me. I checked that thread every day, several times a day. I didn't mind skimming through the repeated questions and I didn't even mind ignoring the bickering. I want info on Android on the TP2 and I liked being able to try the various things posted to that thread.

If a forum mod wants to deal with off-topic posts, that's fine, but regular members acting as "wannabe mods" never works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Android VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Wow and I thought my thread was bad...but at least the "useless" posts were positive. If MrPippy doesn't start something back up in the next few days I'll start another thread to keep the group updated. My free time is still scarce but we need something to keep everyone on the same page.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Basically we helped everyone get started. All the info is really on the first page. No need to ask questions. It works if you follow the steps. If you can't follow the steps and read you shouldn't post. If this is more advanced stuff I could see people needing help. If you can't download and then drag and drop and read what is and is not working then you should wait for the final product.

Some people help every single day and see the same questions and it got to them. People snapped. If you take a break and watch for a couple days this wouldn't happen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Threadstarter

johnpro112 is keeping up the good workjohnpro112 is keeping up the good work

As I guess if Mr.pippy doesn't try to forward new info or post or something maybe civic will continue the development of android from what he said. Maybe civic will produce a new light again but he's very busy but he had made the foundation for android anyways for the cdma tp2. I guess we will wait and see if pippy becomes active or civic be very generous and use his free time to make all of us happy with more development

Last edited by johnpro112; 03-20-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1030; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

I really don't see why the mods closed the thread. Sure it got a little out of control, but then everyone got back onn topic and stopped the fighting. Hopefully they will just clean it out a bit and open it back up.

Last edited by animez; 03-20-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

MACKIE just didn't know when to stop.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think one of the biggest problems is that eveyone was too anxious for updates. It just created a feeding frenzy that inevitably got a bit out of contol. Just think about it, some of the offending parties post in dozens of other threads but all those are pretty much civil.

Also, in reality there really hasn't been any major updates to speak about since the thread was stated on March 10... and yet there were over 1700 replies! It was bound to happen.

Another thread will appear sometime but hopefully people won't be as anxious.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2