PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
all of my benchmarks went up: neocore is now 19.x w/sound and 21.x without sound. prior to that I could never get past 16-17

quadrant is up, fps2d is up. like I said I only showed noticable results with the 3d driver alone, when I threw in build.prop and gralloc I saw no further performance increase. I hedge that by saying I'm fairly certain I didnt mount the commands properly or something...

I'm certain ACL wouldnt even mess with it if there were no evidence of performance boosts, and even he seems pretty excited by the possibility it holds.
I agree with that last statement, but I was getting 18-19 without the fix, and it went down to 16-17 with the fix. I need to try the new gralloc fix tho, haven't given that one a whirl. Just the .so swap.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

[QUOTE=arrrghhh;2006535]If you're desperate for BLAZN, try this. We're having a really simple but maddening issue with changing a color and the whole system becoming unstable or even unbootable... Shame on you for asking about NAND progress in here, there's a freakin sticky thread on the topic...

Apologies for posting nand questions in here
Old 12-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I agree with that last statement, but I was getting 18-19 without the fix, and it went down to 16-17 with the fix. I need to try the new gralloc fix tho, haven't given that one a whirl. Just the .so swap.
I agree with your agreement lol.

Now in other news... Is Reef still alive?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Now in other news... Is Reef still alive?
He pops in on IRC every now and then. I've been trying to help him wrap up the new BLAZN build, but I can't figure it out. Not sure what I was thinking I could figure out if Reef couldn't, silly me
Old 12-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey arrrghhh i really just wanted reefers blazn build because it seems to be more snappier then just trying to add it on myself i dont think it would be the same
Old 12-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Hey arrrghhh i really just wanted reefers blazn build because it seems to be more snappier then just trying to add it on myself i dont think it would be the same
Well then my friend you will have to be patient.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I will no problem but thanks for the advice
Old 12-03-2010, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Yeah i know some people are having good performance with the 11/26 version which is close to the original but the reason i got involved is not really because of performance. But because memory allocation on the old driver is incorrect. Since its incorrect we cant allocate 2 buffers for proper page flipping. Without it you can get garble and some tears

Also thumb rule is that gralloc must match the lib and this is why they are deployed in pairs. Officially if this does get applied to xdandroid, they will go in pairs.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I guess most of you keep updated manually...
but there is an update available thru startup utility.

Last edited by Jim8181; 12-04-2010 at 08:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

how can i add live wallpaper support to the latest builds? love the work you guys r doing, thank you very much!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps