PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

FROG_LEG_SALAD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/26] WORKING HW3D!

im getting msg about the site being an attack site anyone else getting this message
Old 09-26-2010, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/26] WORKING HW3D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROG_LEG_SALAD View Post
im getting msg about the site being an attack site anyone else getting this message
This had been addressed several times in this thread. Please read the last couple of pages before you post a question. Reefer is also aware of this and to answer your question, there is no malware associated with his download or this site.

Reefer this latest blazin build is literally BLAZIN fast! I did reformat with the utility teradog suggested that I provided a link for earlier. I'm on sprint and my service is fine and it seems like everything but my camera, my location, and setting wallpapers is working great with Reefer's build and the following startup I am using (Reefer's startup.txt with changes to rhodium keyboard and force cdma=1).

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 force_cdma=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 rel_path=andboot hw3d.force=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot

Last edited by ryanmv213; 09-27-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: updated other issues
Old 09-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROG_LEG_SALAD View Post
I posted regarding this in the post DIRECTLY preceding yours....

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-26-2010, 11:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

linguini is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
To anyone having trouble updating Gmail do the following:

1. Download Root Explorer apk attachment and install

2. Use it to browse to /system/app and delete gmail.apk or move to another location

3. Reboot device

4. Go to Market and try update again

Seems to be a sharing violation since gmail app is running almost instantly when phone comes on and has a hard time being updated since its in use.
Thanks 123sit! I'll try this and report back with results.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:04 AM
N00b

linguini is just getting started

Deleting gmail.apk with root explorer > reboot > install from Marketplace worked! Also worked for Voice Search which wasn't installing updated version. Thanks 123sit.....
Old 09-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogu100
Carrier: sprint

kidcooley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Not anymore!
What did you do to get service?
Old 09-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcooley View Post
What did you do to get service?
I still cant get service! This is crazy I've used just about every build since 95 civic first got wifi working. Now it doesny matter what i do to this build i cant get service. Its frustrating the crap out of me.

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 09-27-2010, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, x50v

stcardinal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drelamar View Post
It seems like everybody with sprint is not getting any service and yes I have checked and edited startuptxt to force the cdma on a clean install.
I have Sprint and I have service. Using Blazn, with stock startup.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj19 View Post
I still cant get service! This is crazy I've used just about every build since 95 civic first got wifi working. Now it doesny matter what i do to this build i cant get service. Its frustrating the crap out of me.
Yeah, I'm getting the same results. I've tried adding an APN but even when I save a new one it doesn't show up. The list is blank...
Old 09-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2

fubartv is just getting started

I got service and have Sprint. I have attached my startup.txt as winzip so for those having issues with NO SERVICE, this should do it for ya.

Keep in mind that before u load this, change the clock speed as my TP2 runs at 841728 = 822mhz. Yours could run it if it can handle this clock

So if yours wont start, change the oc_freq_khz=841728 line to whatever speed your TP2 can handle.

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: rar startup.rar (362 Bytes, 145 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps