PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 03:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

webctbill is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/15] FROYO WIFI WORKING

I will agree that this is the best droid edition yet for the TP2.
Fast
smooth
Did i say fast.
But, after getting the apn and contacts in, I read the post previous and it said the update works.
Before I did the apn and contacts i had previously tried to run the updates via the program, (very good work BTW) and it basically made every attempt to run the droid restart.
So I did it again thinking that everything would be fine.
It's not. It's doing the shut down after start up again.

Is there something I need to do to get it back?
I don't want to have to reinstall just to get it back.

************Just saw a post on what to do. I'll Try it.**************

Regards,

Bill

Last edited by webctbill; 07-15-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

akaussie is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/15] FROYO WIFI WORKING

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Just run the update or delete the old rootfs file first?
I just ran the update without deleting the old rootfs file and it worked just fine. All my setting were retained too, which was great.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:53 PM
N00b

captobie is just getting started

Updated to the new rootfs and WiFi works... sort of. When I enable WiFi it sees all the available networks. When I touch my network a dialog box comes up to enter my network key. I enter the key and it says "Connecting...". After a few seconds it says "Disconnected", then "Scanning", then "Connecting..." again. After a few seconds it repeats the cycle. Any ideas? This is on the wireless network at work, I'm going to try with my home network when I get home tonight to see if that helps.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

york629 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by captobie View Post
Updated to the new rootfs and WiFi works... sort of. When I enable WiFi it sees all the available networks. When I touch my network a dialog box comes up to enter my network key. I enter the key and it says "Connecting...". After a few seconds it says "Disconnected", then "Scanning", then "Connecting..." again. After a few seconds it repeats the cycle. Any ideas? This is on the wireless network at work, I'm going to try with my home network when I get home tonight to see if that helps.
If you are trying to connect to a WEP protected access point........none of the builds can. Maybe someday but as of now only open and WPA access points work. Other than that I'm not sure...
Old 07-15-2010, 06:38 PM
N00b

captobie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by york629 View Post
If you are trying to connect to a WEP protected access point........none of the builds can. Maybe someday but as of now only open and WPA access points work. Other than that I'm not sure...
Doh! It is a WEP. Thanks!

EDIT: Sure enough, went home to my WPA protected network and all is good. Really good, since 3G is very spotty where I live.

Last edited by captobie; 07-15-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Hey Guys
I am wondering why i have only 177mb of memory. GPS wont display layers (traffic) for more than 2 seconds... Is there a way to make droid detect the remaining space on my SD card?
Thanks in advance
Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
Hey Guys
I am wondering why i have only 177mb of memory. GPS wont display layers (traffic) for more than 2 seconds... Is there a way to make droid detect the remaining space on my SD card?
Thanks in advance
As far as the memory goes i have no clue, but the maps thing is because u have to put it my location or youll be in the ocean near africa or something lol and put it on sat mode.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint

dawei213 is a n00b

To the developers, awesome work you guys are doing. I wish I have the know-how on how you guys are accomplishing these tasks! But now I'm facing some issues with the latest build. I've downloaded the latest Froyo w/ wifi support build (rar), unrar, copy to SD card and booted up fine, however I am not able to pick up any cell network (on Sprint here). Is there anything special I need to do to get it to work? I also have the SIM card removed.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

and i think overclocking it would help, i think im gonna do that now.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawei213 View Post
To the developers, awesome work you guys are doing. I wish I have the know-how on how you guys are accomplishing these tasks! But now I'm facing some issues with the latest build. I've downloaded the latest Froyo w/ wifi support build (rar), unrar, copy to SD card and booted up fine, however I am not able to pick up any cell network (on Sprint here). Is there anything special I need to do to get it to work? I also have the SIM card removed.
goto wireless settings then apn settings, add a apn, then put the name as= "aaa" and the server as="internet.com" and the other thing lol i forgot also="aaa"
then wait a few secs POW.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps